How to register Ozone 10 included in K14

Ed M
Ed M Member Posts: 144 Advisor

I just noticed a help article that explains how to register an Izotope product bought via NI in the Izotope product portal.

How do you register Ozone 10, which was included in Komplete 14?

The help article mentions a mail in which you receive a serial number. I went through my mails, but I never seem to have received this mail or serial for that matter.

Just for the record, Ozone 10 works, and receives updates via NA2, but in the Izotope product portal Ozone 10 is marked as an installed trial version.

Best Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

I think the OP initially confused something...

As we know, NI sells iZotope's individual products in their shop. After a purchase is made, an iZotope user account will be created automatically with the relevant product serials added to it. Similar to your Output stuff, where you receive serial number(s).

Ozone 10 Standard - which comes shipped with Komplete 14 - can't be activated on iZotope's portal, as it's "handled exclusively by Native Access and is independent from iZotope's Product Portal" (src).

So, if "Ozone 10 works and receives updates via NA2", then everything works as intended.

• Monochrome

@Ed M Actually, when upgrading to Ozone 10 Advanced via NI's webshop, you will receive a serial number for Advanced via email. You can then register that serial number in iZotope's Product Portal.

I assume it only works this way because there is no unified licensing backend for Soundwide yet.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert

Check under your account->My products and serials in NI site if it’s there

• Ed M

Good suggestion, but unfortunately it isn't there

• Monochrome

The installation and activation of Ozone 10 Standard is handled solely by Native Access 2 and is independent from Izotope's Product Portal. It's normal that it appears as a trial on their site.

• LostInFoundation

I don’t know if this is exactly the case. As an example, I bought Output plugins under NI and in any case I had the serial number to activate them also under Output’s site. In this way I can install them also not being forced to use Native Access

• Monochrome

I think the OP initially confused something...

As we know, NI sells iZotope's individual products in their shop. After a purchase is made, an iZotope user account will be created automatically with the relevant product serials added to it. Similar to your Output stuff, where you receive serial number(s).

Ozone 10 Standard - which comes shipped with Komplete 14 - can't be activated on iZotope's portal, as it's "handled exclusively by Native Access and is independent from iZotope's Product Portal" (src).

So, if "Ozone 10 works and receives updates via NA2", then everything works as intended.

• LostInFoundation

Thank you for information. Quite strange they handle Ozone 10 Standard differently from other iZotope products

• Ed M

@Monochrome I kind of figured that out already, but it would make sense if a serial could be generated for Ozone bundled with K14.

Also if I want to upgrade when during a promotion I'm kinda stuck with NA. I am under the impression Izotope does those kind of promo's more often, but that path is closed for anyone who got Ozone 10 with K14.

• Monochrome

@Ed M Actually, when upgrading to Ozone 10 Advanced via NI's webshop, you will receive a serial number for Advanced via email. You can then register that serial number in iZotope's Product Portal.

I assume it only works this way because there is no unified licensing backend for Soundwide yet.