Channel routing

Eddie84
Eddie84 Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Hi guys when I load a group from the expansions and the individual sounds in fl studio route what I have already done then the pressure of the sounds is lower than when it goes through the machine group because in the group are usually still effects on. How can I do that I have a group in fl studio route but of each individual sound the group effects with.

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    Answer ✓

If you route the Pad's Audio outputs to the DAW you effectively bypass the Group FX, since the audio no longer passes thru the Group. The same happens for example if you route a full Group to the DAW, you lose the Master FX.

If you always make music with Maschine in Plugin Mode like this then never use Group Fx, set it up in your DAW to avoid recreating everything in the future, for existing projects it's your only choice tho.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited April 2023

What do you mean by “individual sounds in fl studio” and “I have a group in fl studio route”?

What you are doing is just routing Maschine’s outputs to tracks in FL or something else?

• Eddie84

Exactly because from the machine the samples no longer go into the group but into fl studio the sounds are no longer effected by the group which makes the sound weaker

• LostInFoundation

Mmmm…interesting point…

What you can do for sure is copying the fxs that are on the group to each individual sound at the sounds level.

This is the first thing that comes to mind, but surely it is a workaround

• LostInFoundation

If you do so, be sure to put the fxs at the sounds level at the end of the effects chain that is eventually already on some sound, otherwise the result will vary. The order matters: a delayed snare going into a reverb will sound different than a reverberated snare going into a delay, for example ☺️

• LostInFoundation

I know. That’s why I said it is just the first workaround that came to mind ☺️

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

But, if you are routing things into different tracks in fl, I suppose it is for recording the different sounds separately. So, once recorded, you could remove the cpu killers 😉. A sort of “freezing” the track to spare the cpu.

But you are right, it’s not an ideal solution. Once a better one comes to mind, I’ll tell you

• LostInFoundation

Well…it already came: resampling.

If you resample every sound (one by one) in another group, you’ll have new sounds with the fxs already imprinted into them.

But you’ll lose something in the “playability” field.

In the end, I don’t know if there will be a PERFECT solution 😶

• LostInFoundation

Oh… wait…maybe I have one…but I’ll make now some test before saying something wrong. BRB

• LostInFoundation

No…it is not working, so I’m not even mentioning it 🤪

• Eddie84

Yes either you record everything individually or you have to do without the effects or is there the possibility to create send channels at Maschine then you could possibly pack the effects from the group into the send channels and turn all sounds in. However, I do not know then whether the send channels of the machine on individually arrive at fl studio. Good would also be something like a patcher from native INSTRUMENTS then you could run the settings and effects over there.

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

@Eddie84 So…recapping here, I have different solutions, but none of them is perfect:

1) Copying the group fx into every sounds slot (maybe the best one, but heavy on cpu)

2) Resampling the sounds in new sounds slots in a new group (but playing a hi hat going into a reverb is not the same as playing a reverberated hi hat)

3) Exporting the audio from Maschine to FL tracks instead of routing with the drag and drop functionality (top right of the piano roll) (but you’ll have to do it for every single sound, soloing it. And it allows to do it only for patterns, not for the whole arrangement length. So if you want the long audio file, you’ll have to paste the patterns one after the other in a loooong pattern)

4) Recreate the same fxs as in the group in fl and then send the individual corresponding tracks to these fxs

5) Export from the File dropdown menu and then load the audio files into FL tracks (but you’ll have to remember to select the right choices, like Source-Sound and specially to unselect all the sounds you are not using, otherwise it will create an empty audio file also for all the sounds you are not using.

I fear this is the answer, but it’s not a perfect solution as you were looking for 😉

• Eddie84

Thanks a lot my friend I think the best option is to recreate the fx maybe save as a template to do this only one time 😅🙌🏼

• LostInFoundation
    edited April 2023

But…every group could have different fxs at group level…is not enough to recreate a single chain to have it sound exactly as this group sounds. What if they have different fxs?

A group with metaverb won’t sound as a group with normal reverb 🤪