Windows reporting drive full but not as configuration set

MusicFINgers
MusicFINgers Member Posts: 7 Member
edited March 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

I've just plugged in a KK s88 and run the associated windows app. Until now I have always run any NI software through my DAW (cubase) and never had an issue but within 5 mins of running the Komplete kontrol app directly on windows I got a pop up from windows saying my system drive is full.

I've looked at the windows storage in settings and found the following but you can see that from my Native Access configuration the samples should be kept on another drive.

I have consequently searched my C drive an cannot find any trace of the samples and very limited NI content but it has certainly filled up!

I've put some screen shots so that you can see... Any ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

Hello,

it´s also shown wrong on my windows pc, but the libraries are on my library drive. And in your case i´m pretty sure they are on r drive.

• MusicFINgers
    edited March 2023

They are indeed on the r drive as I checked by deleting one and and then tried to run the software but I still don’t understand why my C drive has been flooded, or at least windows thinks it is!

• Uwe303
    edited March 2023

on my computer that´s not the case, on drive c are only the apps and plugins (one exception is absynth stuff), you could only analyze the drive with a 3rd party app. For stuff like that i love to use WizTree, with it you get a quick and good overview whats going on on your drive. I started it 1 minute ago and realized i had the 65Gb chior omnia iso under downloads left. And also realized the absynth samples, 1,4 Gb are on c drive even if i set libraries to my f drive.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@MusicFINgers Could it be duplicates? Are the files actually on your C drive and R drive?

• MusicFINgers

That's half my point - I can't find them on my C drive but as per the image above they must be there somewhere!

• Uwe303
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

No they must not be there, like i said, it's a widows issue, in my case it's also showing some libraries on c drive but actually they are not. Download WizTree and analyze your drives with it. https://diskanalyzer.com/