Kontrol F1 on M1Ventura 13.0.1

Stevan
Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

MIDI ports of my F1 controllers are no longer an option. I tried midi mapping to Traktor and Ableton.

It works normally as a Remix Deck controller. Anyone else have this issue?

Best Answer

• Spazoo
    Spazoo Member Posts: 41 Helper
    Answer ✓

I'm running Ventura 13.2.1 and I'm still able to use my F1 controllers for MIDI input to VDMX application.

Answers

• Stevan

The same applies to X1 MK2, S2 MK2 and Maschine Jam.

Kontrol S8 MIDI ports can still be detected in all MIDI capable apps. It looks like only the MK2 hardware is affected.

• Spazoo
    Answer ✓

I'm running Ventura 13.2.1 and I'm still able to use my F1 controllers for MIDI input to VDMX application.

• Stevan

Do you also run on M1 machine?

It worked fine the other day. And I didn't update OS or made any changes.

• Spazoo

Yes. My video rigs runs on M1.

I don't have any non-M1/M2 rigs for video, but I'd be willing to do an Apple Intel install if that would help you.

• Stevan

I will update macOS and see if that fixes it. Thanks for the help!

• Stevan

Luckily, updating to 13.2.1 fixed the MIDI ports issue.

• Spazoo
    edited March 2023

So today I noticed that my F1 controllers were not lighting up, nor were they responding. I restarted everything but still, no luck.

I opened the NI Controller Editor to see if it would detect the controllers, and then everything began working.

After some additional investigation, I discovered the NIHardwareAgent daemon is no longer starting up automatically, even though it is configured in my system settings to open at login.

Apparently the NI Controller Editor launches the NIHardwareAgent daemon. Quitting the Controller Editor does not shut down the daemon, which is fine. That allows everything to continue working.

I'm wondering if your NIHardwareAgent is starting automatically, or if you are also required to start it manually.

Thanks for the info.

• Stevan

That sucks man. I use F1 for about 10 years and there was always some issues with the LED feedback, always. This is why I advise to have the Controller Editor software running alongside Traktor or Ableton. It helps with MIDI mode.

I don't think it is the same issue as mine because other NI hardware worked fine (only the MK2 line didn't)

Does it work as a remix deck control?