New road map updated for 02/2023.

Options

Comments

• Kayya
    Kayya Member Posts: 195 Advisor
    Options

A new way to spend money for DJs. Do I understand correctly? And without anything in return. I hope I misunderstood :)

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 259 Guru
    edited March 2023
    Options

Tidal almost has more upvotes than Elastic Beatgrids 71 vs 72 @Friedemann_NI @Jonas_NI

I really do appreciate how long it's taken to get Silicon on board, but as that's imminently coming to Traktor Beta, I think it's time Tidal was brought onto the roadmap ASAP.

It's clearly now the most requested feature for users and if I'm honest, I'm getting really tired of having to download song requests mid-set on a weekly basis 😂

Please guys, let's make it happen!

• Spazoo
    Spazoo Member Posts: 41 Helper
    edited March 2023
    Options
  • shablone
    shablone Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Hehe, I think that money/workwise plenty of DJs (the ones actually playing gigs) get more money per invested time/gear than the producers of most of the tracks they play (and buy for 1-2 Euro each) ;)

• nogo
    nogo Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

forgive me i cant help this conversation

• dj_estrela
    dj_estrela Member Posts: 158 Pro
    Options
  • leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 259 Guru
    Options

I think it's great.

As someone who works in music eCommerce, royalties and physical media production, it's well overdue that we redefine how top tier DJ performance fees are filtered down to the rest of the industry.

Physical media sales (especially vinyl) are going down this year, due to increased costs across the board and streaming revenue is still poorly distributed, prioritising copyright holders who take the largest piece of the pie.

There's no reason why Traktor can't do this AND also bring up other updates to the software.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,366 Expert
    Options

There's no reason why Traktor can't do this AND also bring up other updates to the software.

Well they only having half a dev working on Traktor might be a reason they can't do both. Or not within "reasonable time"

I also like the idea. But I rather have them fix some of the grave bugs.

• Demus
    Demus Member Posts: 156 Pro
    Options

Question, why does the DJ have to pay the artist a cut of his revenue? But the artist not giving the DJ is cut of the revenue for making is song popular, by play it in his rotation. Where people will add the song to their playlist on various streaming services for more recognition. DJ's have made songs become hit, overnight, because of the DJ playing the track to his audience.

• Kayya
    Kayya Member Posts: 195 Advisor
    Options

I agree with that. I didn't speak it, but I'm glad to hear it from someone else.

The philosophy of the music industry should fit into place. If you are very famous, you get paid to add music to the set. If you are not famous, you pay to put the music on the set.

Now this should be stopped.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,366 Expert
    Options

No one is forcing you to use it. It's optional.

Read the website for the motivations behind the project. I even linked it.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert
    Options

Well, I do not know US copyright law, but in EU DJ should pay for each song played to the holder of copyright. Generaly said. The factical implementation may vary country to country. In my country one pays flat rate per gig according to number of people. And money paid are somehow distributed to interprets...

I guess, it is fair, in general. It takes quite a lot effort to create a song. And without money comming to authors, there will not be songs to play.

The fact that DJ/radio gets paid for including song in playlist is another thing. That is an advertisment investment on side of producer... It does not mean, he should not be paid for being played for audience and for profit....

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru
    Options

Could bring more artists back to Traktor. Could be a stroke of genius. One thing for sure every competitor now is making moves on software and hardware. Traktor needs to deliver this year.

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 311 Pro
    edited March 2023
    Options

Yes, you are right and I don't want to contradict you either. But it would probably be assumed that the competition could also quickly integrate this if it finds favor with the community. Algoriddim, VDJ, Rekordbox and partly also Serato and all their developers definitely seem to be in a better position to integrate new features.

Naive as I am, when I saw the feature on the roadmap, I thought with joy that there would finally be a Tidal integration...

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru
    Options

Yep I keep looking at the road map and sigh when Tidal isn’t added.