Traktor Pro Plus with XOne PX5 and K2 - stil frezzing mode

Bartix
Bartix Member Posts: 17 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

I had a problem with my hybrid setup – 2 x pcs K2 + Xone Px 5 Mikser + Traktor Pro Plus + MacBook Pro 16 Ram I 7 Intel – system Mac Big sour

Where is the problem – playing set the K2 after 15 min / 25/ or 45 min are going to „Freez or sleep mode” – it means that the traktor can’t be control by K2 – all the lights, pads are On – but they not respond for pressing, rotation nothing. ( you can control traktor by mouse form Mac).

If I make „restart” of k2 - plug out the cables form x link , power and put them back – the K2 works.

I have as well I have direct power suply to K2 Via Usb cable rofm power cord and the freezing is goint with or without power cable it doesn’t matter.

I do not have any idea how to sole this problem.

The conection of this steup is :

- PX5 to Mac – by Neo cables – USB

- K2 – X link to the PX5

- K2 – have independet power supply via USB cable

What I Already did:

• K2 play without power supply direct form electric cord - still freezing
  • update K2 drivers -still freezing
  • buy new cables form enternet RJ45 still freezing
  • in MAc the energy is alway on - i do not have any save energy plans - still freezing

Maybe you can give me a solution ar tips how to solve this issue

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,328 Expert

Have you tried without x-link, K2 directly with USB into the computer.

Just for debugging purposes.

• Bartix

HI no - i didnt try it in this way. The problem is that I have 2 usb in MAC ( 1 is or PX5 ) -1 left so I have to buy some USB hub. If I go direct form USB will I lose my custom mpapping for k2 or not and How to instal without X link ?

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,654 mod

I have similar issues with Xone 96 and always recommend to connect the first K2 directly via USB.

Also try with latching layers on (that is the only config I did not test with the Link)

• Bartix

Stevan thank you. I will cheek it

if you  "always recommend to connect the first K2 directly via USB" - in this connetcion 1st K2 to USB MAc you use the X link or not.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,654 mod

Yes I do use the X-Link when I'm connecting second K2.

K2 - 1 is connected via the USB.

K2 - 2 is connected via the X-Link (on the first K2)

• Bartix

Sorry I was not precise - to many things to do in my work.

In your setup K2 - 1 is connected via the USB. + K2 - 2 is connected via the X-Link (on the first K2) do you connetct the 1st/2nd K2 to Xone mixer by xlink (enternetcable ) or not. The K2 are independent form the mikser ?