Thumbnails inside Maschine+

Astralbeats_225
Astralbeats_225 Member Posts: 42 Helper
edited February 2023 in Maschine

Is there any way to create a custom thumbnail for my external drive on my Maschine+? I just hate the ugly grey thumbnail with the sine wave lol 😂. I would love to just make it a png of the maschine+ picture in the user manual.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    Answer ✓

No, nothing like this is possible on M+, and it does not have the userbase size to get any hacks going either like the Akai scene.

Best hope right now is the guy who designed it leaves NI and hacks the crap out of it, nobody else has the skillset and it just doesn't sell well enough to have a geek following.

Answers

• simiritimail
    simiritimail Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Yes, it is possible to create a custom thumbnail for your external drive on both Windows and Mac. Here's how:

On Windows:

1. Find the image you want to use for the thumbnail and save it as a PNG file.
    2. Right-click on your external drive and select "Properties".
    3. In the Properties window, go to the "Customize" tab.
    4. Click on the "Change icon" button.
    5. Browse for the PNG file you saved and select it.
    6. Click "OK" to save the changes.

On Mac:

1. Find the image you want to use for the thumbnail and save it as a PNG file.
    2. Open the "Preview" app on your Mac.
    3. Open the PNG file in Preview.
    4. Select "File" from the menu bar and choose "Get Info".
    5. In the Info window, click on the thumbnail image in the top left corner.
    6. Press "Command+C" to copy the image.
    7. Go to the external drive and select it.
    8. Press "Command+I" to open the Info window for the external drive.
    9. Click on the thumbnail image in the top left corner.
    10. Press "Command+V" to paste the new image.
    11. Close the Info window to save the changes.

After following these steps, your external drive should now display your custom thumbnail image instead of the default one.

• Astralbeats_225

Sorry for not being clear I want to be able to do this on Maschine+

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    Answer ✓

No, nothing like this is possible on M+, and it does not have the userbase size to get any hacks going either like the Akai scene.

Best hope right now is the guy who designed it leaves NI and hacks the ****** out of it, nobody else has the skillset and it just doesn't sell well enough to have a geek following.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

Nope. It would only happen if someone figured out a way to access the files on the M+ internal storage an shared it, that would open the gates for people to improve it...

• Astralbeats_225

Thanks for the response. Lol I guess I'll just have to ignore the ugly thumbnail.