I get this error "the state of some Kontakt instances cannot be recalled correctly"

davidbryen
davidbryen Member Posts: 14 Member
edited February 2022 in Kontakt

Does anyone else get this error?

I use 2 computers and when I move my project between the 2 computers, some of my instruments are blank.

I guarantee both computers have the necessary libraries. Both computers are on the same os, the same version of logic and all plug-ins have been consistently updated in NATIVE ACCESS.

This problem is always an issue when I use KOMPLETE KONTROL, but sometimes with KONTAKT instruments too. When I open my project on the 2nd computer, there is a blank instance in KONTAKT.

Any advice?

Best Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    Answer ✓

This is normal if you're moving between two computers and paths to your sample libraries aren't matching.

Your external drive needs to have identical name on both computers and paths to all sample libraries must be identical, only then will it work smoothly.

• EvilDragon
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

Yes, the way you have it is the problem.

You need to use the same drive on both computers, or at the very least the drive should have identical name (on Windows: identical drive letter), and all libraries should be installed in identical paths on both your local hard drive on machine 1, and external drive for machine 2.

You're gettin the "Content missing" message often precisely because your paths aren't identical between the two machines.

Answers

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Are the products in the same folder directory (name, path..) ?

• davidbryen

No, because they are 2 computers. On one computer all the products are local. The other computer, the products are on an external drive, for portability.

is that the problem? is there a workaround? I love the flexibility of using 2 computers so I can move around and be portable, but also work from home.

db

• davidbryen
    edited February 2022

I also get the message "content missing" quite often.

• EvilDragon
    Answer ✓

This is normal if you're moving between two computers and paths to your sample libraries aren't matching.

Your external drive needs to have identical name on both computers and paths to all sample libraries must be identical, only then will it work smoothly.

• EvilDragon
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

Yes, the way you have it is the problem.

You need to use the same drive on both computers, or at the very least the drive should have identical name (on Windows: identical drive letter), and all libraries should be installed in identical paths on both your local hard drive on machine 1, and external drive for machine 2.

You're gettin the "Content missing" message often precisely because your paths aren't identical between the two machines.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

@EvilDragon summed it up, you need to apply the exact same file path from both of your computers to your external drive.

• januarycivil
    januarycivil Member Posts: 7 Member
    edited February 2022

Not only is 6.6.1 exhibiting a similar problem here, 6.7 beta is, albeit to a lesser extent anecdotally; and one of the problems is it is looking for samples from another instance of Kontakt in the project, and in one case looking for samples for an instrument that is no longer in the project. This is in VE Pro 7.1056. The .6.1 issue has every instance looking for the wrong samples; in some, additional to what's actually there, in some only looking for the wrong samples I have corrected most of my templates, I just opened one I hadn't seen in a while and the instance Carver's Low Bassoon Ens. FX is looking for Soundiron Venus samples. THEN, after dismissing that, the thing exhibits the behavior of a non-connected to DAW issue of a borked GUI, so I have to reinstantiate that.

The issue with .6.1 was these were saved in a later version (6.5) than 6.4.2 which I had to roll back to, unable to find another. But I'm using the beta .7 now and it still does it in this one case. This has cost me a lot of time (one of the problems was with a library I also updated, stupidly, which has changed the names of patches [Hyperflute]).

VE Pro runs as local host here, there is no second computer, I have used these projects countless times but the update to .6.1 does this. .7 has mostly solved it, but there is still the one case. I am so organized it's anal, this absolutely not me. Once I rolled back and fixed these last several projects there was no more problem, fortunately nothing was actually built in a later version but merely saved as the higher numbered version in the VE Pro project. I don't have a clue as to why 6.7 still gets ONE of these wrong, or why the GUI is still borked after connecting.

These are bugs.

• januarycivil
    edited February 2022

I'm actually here looking for the beta reporting thread. I'm on OSX.11.6.2. It's the same under 11.6.1. Intel MBP, 16,1. I decided to just use 6.7 to save some time with the 'saved in a later version' issue. Otherwise it's solid so far.

• januarycivil
    edited February 2022

It isn't the same issue as the original post, which is probably what it normally is. My paths are not the problem, I've been using Kontakt since version 1.

Having corrected this particular instance and saved the VEP Project, on re-launch the instance Orch. Tools Carver's etc is _still_ looking for samples for Soundiron Venus. It did manage to load the patch that's the actual only patch in the instance.

this is ridiculous; 6.6.1 is a full release, a beta exhibiting issues is one thing, but...

does NI not test their stuff in VE Pro?

• januarycivil

I have seen others with the same symptoms on the internet, I thought it was generated from here, but I don't see anything.

• EvilDragon

Beta reporting thread? This is on Centercode, not here...

This discussion has been closed.