Traktor Track Deck and one shot samples

Wanesti
Wanesti Member Posts: 6 Member
edited January 2023 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Hey guys,

Can anyone show me how to loop a one shot sample in the track decks. I’m not talking about in the remix deck but the track deck.

When I load in a one shot sample in the track deck it only allows me to loop it into say just I or 1/2 bar beat instead of say 2/4/8/16.

I would appreciate it if anyone can help me in this regard. I want to be able to loop a one shot sample into a 2/4/6/8/16 bar loop in the Track deck.

Thanks guys

Tagged:

Best Answer

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 566 Pro
    Answer ✓

You can turn off the preference.

"Stop playback at end of track."

This will allow a loop to play past the end. But the loop can't be started before the beginning.

Answers

• zephry
    Answer ✓

You can turn off the preference.

"Stop playback at end of track."

This will allow a loop to play past the end. But the loop can't be started before the beginning.

• Kayya
    Kayya Member Posts: 189 Advisor

this will be hard work for you. We don't know what you want it for, I hope it's been solved, but you can manage all the details with a single click with the f1 device in a deck in remix deck mode. there is almost no limit other than the number of channels. There's also a step sequencer mod. with this you can manage the beat sequence of single beat sounds. this is another solution, depending on the need. You can review them if I showed you the right way.

• Wanesti

Hey Zephy thanks for the insight and I sure will be glad to do that. But how do I turn off preference? Do I do it on the Track Deck itself or do I need to go to the Controller Manager?

Thanks

• Wanesti

Hey Kayla, Thanks and appreciate your suggestion. But I’m not on an F1. I’m on the S8 and I have the option to loop samples in the Remix Decks as well as make use of the Step Sequencer on the S8.

But as I said, I just can’t seem to loop one shots in the Track Decks. The Traktor softwares only allows me to loop the one shots into 1 or 1/2 beats when I’m on the Track Decks on the S8.

I want to have the possibility to loop one shots into 2/4/6/8 bar or beat loops when I’m on the Track Decks.

I taught one shots wasn’t possible to loop into 2/4/6/8/16 cos Traktor wasn’t doing it.

But I’m simply able to do it in Serato and VDJ. One shots can be looped into 2/4/6/8/16 just like it can be done with a track loaded into the Decks.

Thanks

• Wanesti

Hey Zephy,

U a bad azz!! Worked like a charm. Thanks man. My question is solved. Just turned off the “Stop playback at the end of a Track” and I’m all good. 😀😀😀

• zephry

Also keep in mind to set the bpm of oneshots, sometimes Traktor will give the one shot a strange bpm and loop it half of what you want or cut parts off. Any silence for shots that are supposed to be offset will be changed in the decks.

The remix decks are of course much better, but even still, oneshots when looped often need adjustments, even in the Remix decks.