Maschine+ Couldn't register

MAT
MAT Member Posts: 21 Member

Hello,

yesterday I got the Maschine+. Connected it, hit the power button and.. nothing. It starts but there was no "Set Up Your MASCHINE+", no "register", no "learn MASCHINE+" or a "DEMO SONG" as in the NI Videos. It was just an empty maschine. So I downloaded all of the sounds for hours, but ok and tried to discover how to register. Even in my NI account there is no option to register..

Can you help?

MAT

My maschine+ (system 1.4.5.2 | version 2.16.1(RO) | firmware 0.1.6)

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

can you try SETTINGS > SYSTEM, and pressing SHIFT and soft button 5 (RESET), or do you can't reach even settings.

• MAT
    Answer ✓

Epilog: NI resetted the serial number and I did get 50 Euros back from the seller. I think it`s ok, because the official second hand device is only 70 Euros cheaper. :)

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

Hello,

can you try SETTINGS > SYSTEM, and pressing SHIFT and soft button 5 (RESET), or do you can't reach even settings.

• MAT

Does that mean everything is gone after Reset?

• MAT

Ok, that's interesting: After resetting maschine plus, it started as in the ni-videos. I connected the wi-fi again, but I couldn't register: "the serialnumber already registered from another user". Maybe it was one of my attempts yesterday? Checked in in my account under "products and serials": nothing.

That explains a lot :) I think they've sent me an used maschine for the price of a new one 🤔

But thank you for the reset tip, now I know I'm not completely stupid 😁

• Uwe303

Ok then I think you are right, it is used then, maybe you can get a partially refund and hold it. Contact support so they can register it for you. Or you get a new one.

• MAT

Yes, the other thing is: Now I can't work anymore, because I can't register. Great 🙄 and tomorrow is another holiday. Time to read the manual completely ..

• Uwe303

it's so annoying if stuff like this happens, it's absolutely the fault of the shop who sold it. But nothing that can be done now, unfortunately, so best is, as you said, reading the manual. Hope you get sorted it out as soon as possible. And have some nice holidays anyway.

• MAT

Thank you! Happy holidays for you too! 😊

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,296 mod

@MAT I see that you are already in contact with our registration support, they should get you going!

• MAT

Yes, thank you. It's quite annoying to have the machine here and not be able to use it. I hope the dealer has a good idea to reassure me 😎

• Dstep ATL
    Dstep ATL Member Posts: 95 Helper

Did you buy from Guitar Center? Selling used items as new is their standard operating procedure.

• MAT

Nope. From europe's largest music store. I asked them if I now get a discount price :)

• MAT
    Answer ✓

Epilog: NI resetted the serial number and I did get 50 Euros back from the seller. I think it`s ok, because the official second hand device is only 70 Euros cheaper. :)