No Maschine in Komplete Ultimate ?

zennro
zennro Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hi there,

I just bought the Komplete Ultimate and I'm quite new with all the tools available.

I have a lot of sounds expansion for Maschine but I don't find the Maschine software to run all the packs.

Is it normal ?

Thanks and have a nice evening

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod
    Answer ✓

You can use all those samples in your daw,for example, by browsing the expansions folders normally daws have a file browser. Or open a file browser side by side with your DAW and use drag and drop to insert those files.

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 144 Advisor
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

You can use the samples as explained above, but also the synth presets or sounds included in the expansions. Since you seem to have Komplete Ultimate, you can load any Machine kit in Battery 4. If you don't own the Machine hardware, you should not buy the Maschine software. The software is kinda pointless without the Maschine hardware device.

Search around a bit on YouTube, and you'll find loads of video tutorials that explain almost everything about Komplete, Maschine and how they are related to each other. At first I was also a bit overwhelmed with everything from Native Instruments, but after some online research it became a lot clearer.

It all looks so easy and fabulous on the NI website, but with every kind of software there is a basic learning curve to overcome.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

You can use all those samples in your daw,for example, by browsing the expansions folders normally daws have a file browser. Or open a file browser side by side with your DAW and use drag and drop to insert those files.

• zennro

Ok thanks. I can also use the Komplete Kontrol, right ? But Maschine 2 is not included in the Komplete ??

• k13user
    k13user Member Posts: 5 Member

You'd need to get either Maschine Essentials ($70) or get hardware that comes with it. For some reason NI makes it super difficult to find the software to buy on their site, but it's there.

• zennro

OK thanks, that means that I can't have the software Maschine 2 from the Komplete ?

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

Komplete and Maschine are different product lines. Therefore one is not contained in the other, but sometimes they’re offered as bundle for a reduced price.

• zennro

I see... But how may I supposed to use the libraries expansion ? With Komplete Kontrol ?

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 144 Advisor
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

You can use the samples as explained above, but also the synth presets or sounds included in the expansions. Since you seem to have Komplete Ultimate, you can load any Machine kit in Battery 4. If you don't own the Machine hardware, you should not buy the Maschine software. The software is kinda pointless without the Maschine hardware device.

Search around a bit on YouTube, and you'll find loads of video tutorials that explain almost everything about Komplete, Maschine and how they are related to each other. At first I was also a bit overwhelmed with everything from Native Instruments, but after some online research it became a lot clearer.

It all looks so easy and fabulous on the NI website, but with every kind of software there is a basic learning curve to overcome.

• ozon

Doesn’t Komplete Kontrol also include the Maschine Sampler and Synth engines? I thought you can load all the Maschine Sounds in the Komplete Kontrol plugin.

• Uwe303

Not all presets like maschine group presets, cause you don't have the 16 pads in komplete kontrol but you can use the samples, and all other stuff.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    edited November 2022

Just a side note. It is possible to use Maschine 2 without Maschine HW or Komplete Kontrol keys or any HW controller. I use it on Microsoft Surface Win tablet. It is not as easy as if using HW, but it is possible. I like to use it, when on the go in the transport, or waiting somewhere... For sketching it works. One has to use pen, it would not work well if using fingers on touch screen...

• ozon

Thanks for verifying. I didn’t expect Groups (Kits) to work because they actually consist of 16 independent Sounds. Therefore I explicitly referred to Maschine Sounds.

• ozon

True. I’ve been using Maschine as a percussion and effects sampler inside of Cubase for yreas without ever using the hardware. Works fine.