Come say hello 👋

Comments

• zheezhay
    zheezhay Member Posts: 3 Member

Good afternoon, Season. I read here that others do not respond to your posts, so this is my attempt to do so. It is, in fact, my very first; I only joined the community about ten minutes ago and am learning my way around the website.

How can I hear one of the horrible jazz pieces you say you've created?

Good luck! DJ

• Season
    Season Member Posts: 23 Member

I don’t know if I still have it on my SoundCloud anymore but I’ll look for it. In the meantime soundcloud . com /seasonbeats

• Julie28
    Julie28 Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi ! I'm Julie, and I am a bit new to this DJing world.

I like to test new things and produce music on my computer, but I am also learning how to DJ myself at the moment.

I can't stop listening to the last Martin Garrix, and I seriously love how he arranged the harmonics of this song.

Looking forward to learning more from the community !

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,555 admin

Welcome @Julie28! Curious what got you into DJing after producing? 😃

• Unknown-Nordic
    Unknown-Nordic Member Posts: 1 Member

Hi all, recently joined, been away from traktor for some years, but heard about Beta 3.6, so subscribed and headed over here.

I've been hardware only for a few years now, occasionally using ableton for set ideas.

Currently main focus is Xone Db4 and 2 Sc2900s along with an HS5500 for mixing. I fell back into DJing accidentally after selling a car. All running on digital cables to DB4

Production wise I use Akai Force and MPC Live, an old skool RS7000, Circuit Tracks and TR6S. Setup on the DB4 Line in.

Most interested in the development of the integration of the Sc2900/sc3900, haven't got it working with new purchase of Traktor 3 yet..

So that's me, Live act, Dj, Producer.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,555 admin

Welcome (back) @Unknown-Nordic. Thanks for giving Traktor beta a try. How did you hear about the release?

Btw if you haven't already, check out our Rate My Setup thread as well!

• DJ MR-T
    DJ MR-T Member Posts: 1 Member

Hello dear NI community, I’m a DJ and producer from Germany, currently I’m recording an album with German-speaking rappers. My taste in music changes from time to time. . . I wish you a nice weekend, greetings from Germany

• Guy Grimstead
    Guy Grimstead Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hello, I'm Guy and looking to get some help with some setup issues.

I've been a Mac and Logic user for 20 years, now trying to learn Studio One via Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2.

There seems to be transport control CC messages being triggered when I play and record the MIDI keyboard. Anyone know how to turn off that option? thanks!

Guy

• Farmerjohn
    Farmerjohn Member Posts: 3 Member

Hello

John here from rural outskirts of Sydney,Australia .

have been playing guitar on and off for many years. Strictly a hobby. Long ago accepted that I lacked the talent/dedication/practice habits to become a rock star. But love it anyway. Keeps/has kept me sane. I also listen to a lot of music and have very wide ranging tastes.

decided to make use of excess computer hardware by trying some recording, mainly hoping to create backing tracks and to plot my playing progress.

bought a Komplete Audio 6 , have a Mac so thought GarageBand would be a good start. It’s a bit overwhelming at this point

have been using guitar rig which is easier to use but of course limited to a tape recorder.

looking to expand knowledge base and make sense of all the terms/sounds/machinery.

I also have an old midi keyboard that I want to utilise but at this stage have no idea what to use it for other than as a real-time keyboard. Guess I’ll get to know some of you when I start digging deeper into this new world and am looking for answers to keep me progressing.at this point I don’t know enough to have the questions. Except maybe where/what is a good starting point to understand the concepts and terminology to get started

John

• 5IM
    5IM Member Posts: 2 Member

First post.

Switching from Ableton Push 2 to the MK3 and looking forward to this workflow, looks tight.

Ready to make some deep lush and banging tropical vibes beats.

• tribepop
    tribepop Member Posts: 160 Advisor

Hey all, I’m Jon. I live in the US and have been producing music, DJing, and performing in bands since I was about 14. My first synth was a MicroKORG that I learned subtractive synthesis on. My first DAW was Fruity Loops (now called FL Studio for good reason lol), I then moved over to Reason and Ableton for awhile.

I took a hiatus from actively writing when I started college and once I graduated I immediately started getting back into by purchasing a Maschine Mk2 Mikro and absolutely fell in love with the workflow. I loved Reason but I’ve found that songs made in Reason have a distinct sound to them that I wasn’t happy with and while Ableton Live didn’t have that problem, I found myself having trouble finishing songs in Ableton.

I’ve been a huge fan of NI for years having used Massive, Battery, and Absynth extensively over the years. I originally thought Maschine was a glorified drum machine but quickly fell in love with the workflow and now I produce exclusively with it for a wide variety of genres.

some of my gear includes:

• Maschine MK3
    • Novation LaunchKey 61 MK3
    • Artruia DrumBrute Impact
    • Dreadbox Typhon
    • Arturia MicoFreak
    • Alesis 61 Fusion

I’m probably going to bite the bullet and buy a Maschine+ even though my MK3 is still new because I love the idea of being able to jam anywhere without a PC.

• Petzi
    Petzi Member Posts: 4 Member

I'm Petzi. From a place that perfected fries, waffles, beers and chocolate - we rule the world, but we stay in the shadow !

3 words to describe myself : old, moody, stubborn.

I've been playing music for a long time, started by learning the guitar back in a different geological era. I've been doing live sound engineering for some time, but always had some tracks dying on my hard drive. Recently moved from Reaper (used since version 1.x) to Logic - even though I also explored Pro-Tools.

I've been listening "Equinoxe" from Jean-Michel Jarre on repeat for the last couple of weeks. That synth sound hasn't aged a bit.

• danex
    danex Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hello everyone, I'm a new maschine user.

• thebluesbutcher
    thebluesbutcher Member Posts: 5 Member

I'll be back when I get some KK experience. My S88 should arrive any day now. Other than that, I'm a retired house painter focussing on getting my songs published.

• AndySeeon
    AndySeeon Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2022

Hallo zusammen,

ich bin der Andreas und Anfänger mit dem ganzen Thema Kontakt usw. Darum suche ich verzweifelt Hilfe und Anleitungen in Deutsch.

Hello all,

I'm Andreas and beginner with the whole topic Kontakt etc. That's why I'm desperately looking for help and instructions in German.