Bad experience with S4 mk3 B-stock in reverb.com

Markosgo
Markosgo Member Posts: 4 Member
edited October 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Hello. I bought a refurbished S4 mk3 a few days ago on the Reverb.com website directly from Native Instruments, it's the one from the following link. https://reverb.com/item/33047981-native-instruments-traktor-kontrol-s4-mk3?utm_source=android-app&utm_medium=android-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=33047981

I let myself be guided by the good comments from people who said that they arrived impeccable and that they passed as new, so I decided to buy it. It arrived yesterday, but in a sorry state: Quite used, very dirty, stained, with an appreciable level of wear, some faders too thin, with scratches on the bottom and a small dent in one of the corners that is quite visible. I find it shameful that they advertise in the characteristics "B-stock" and "cleaned and tested" when they do not meet the requirements of: Exhibition products, open or commercial returns... But it is second hand, repaired and on top of that it has arrived dirty. What kind of cleaning and testing have they had? I do not see that any of those requirements that the gentlemen of Native Instruments seem to advertise with great fanfare in the same ad have been met. I send a video so you can see the state in which it has arrived.

I have requested a partial refund, because I had to clean it and even so, it has been stained... or request a full refund with return of the product in case they deny me the partial refund that I have requested privately in the same application. What do you think? Thanks in advance, greetings.

Tagged:

Comments

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,219 Expert

Are you sure it was directly from Native Instrument?

If yes, that is a bummer.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod

I bought a couple of B-Stock D2's and an S5 via reverb and they where and still are in perfect condition, hence my recommendation. A few blemishes i can understand and would accept. But it really should be fully functional and clean.

Communication via reverb was good so far. Tell us how it goes with your request.

• Markosgo
    edited October 2022

Yes, it was through your channel https://reverb.com/shop/native-instruments-gmbh-direct?utm_source=android-app&utm_medium=android-share&utm_campaign=shop&utm_content=1028574

And the purchase link from which I made the order is at the beginning of my publication. They also sent me an invoice from themselves and the box was sealed with Native Instruments seals.

• Markosgo
    edited October 2022

Yes, I didn't know about this buying and selling page and that it didn't even have its own sales channel. Thanks to the community and the good comments from buyers, let me be guided by your great experiences and comments of "it looks like new, I wouldn't know how to tell them apart" and things like that... The video that I have shared on my YouTube channel shows the state of wear and dirt that has come to me, a tap, peeled knobs, etc. I do not understand why they advertise B-STOCK products and that when it arrives it is a second-hand product, with obvious signs of massive use and in such a dirty state... When in the application in the same characteristics of the sales announcement it says "fully tested and clean." Is this calling it full testing and cleaning? I have a bittersweet taste with NI because of its technical and logistics service departments or the one who has been in charge of making the shipment to me, because there is no right for you to pay €557 and on top of that it comes in similar conditions.

• Markosgo
    edited October 2022

In this Spanish forum (quite well known by the world of production and dj) there is a thread of mine since I decided to buy it, until the final problem in which I find myself now and for which I still have not received an answer in two days. https://www.hispasonic.com/foros/new-dj-controller/559640 In this case, when Reverb.com interferes, I will proceed to return it and request a full refund. After this and the lack of professionalism on the part of NI, I have considered going to Pioneer or Denon. I am noticing that Google translate is giving me a word that does not mean the same thing that I wrote, channels are needed in different languages ​​as if other brands have them and thus be able to communicate better and have better support.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 566 Pro

For some reason your posts are coming up as a strange scroll? I have to swipe left and right to read?

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod

The reason is that the text has been set to

code block format

by the poster.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    edited October 2022

Hi @Markosgo I noticed that the first link in your post directed to this listing where the item was actually sold by Musik Produktiv, not NI? Anyway hope you managed to get everything sorted with Reverb.