Keyboard doesnt play when i load a sound in Komplete Kontrol

koljafollak
koljafollak Member Posts: 11 Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLjC5IfcNQI&ab_channel=NativeInstruments

i watched this tutorial , up until 8:30 everthing works fine, but when i try to load a sound , i cant play it and i dont see it on the display... please help

Best Answer

• koljafollak
    Answer ✓

its working now , although i downloaded komplete kontrol today, i still had to update it manually again ... this seemed to be the problem maybe + the full disk access thing ... thanks for the fast help ! have a good day

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@koljafollak So you can browse instruments and preview then ? If you open Komplete Kontrol in standalone, can you load sounds, play them and control parameters form the knobs ? Is the problem in Logic ?

Make sure to give Full Disk Access to both Logic and Komplete Kontrol: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Is it working now ?

• koljafollak

hey, thanks for your answer. so , yes i can browse and preview the sounds . if i open KK in standalone , i cant load sounds or anything . it shows " no instrument loaded" and i cant choose one from the left, and i cant use the browse or plugin funciton on the keyboard .

i enabled full disk access, but it didnt solve the problem :(

• koljafollak
    edited September 2022

sorry the last message was wrong , i can now see it in the inputs , i can preview the sounds in komplete kontrol , but i an only load sth from the reaktor plugin , all plugins (drumlab, or electric sunburst for example ) that i loaded myself , are able to preview but they dont load , it only shows this on the display when i try to load it (same in logic ) (foto in the attachements)

• Jeremy_NI

Yes, indeed you should see this:

In some cases other applications can "steal" the MIDI inputs, as an example UAD soundcards have an option to be controlled by a MIDI device, if the Komplete Kontrol keyboard is selected there, the keyboard is not responding. The fix is to unassign the Komplete Kontrol MIDI inputs and outputs from the application. Do you have other programs that could use those MIDI ports ?

Other stuff to look out for: how is your keyboard connected to the computer ? Directly to a USB port ? With a hub ? Have you tried other USB cables ?

Also check this article, and most importantly the part about the HAL folder: My KOMPLETE KONTROL Keyboard Does Not Start

• koljafollak
    Answer ✓

its working now , although i downloaded komplete kontrol today, i still had to update it manually again ... this seemed to be the problem maybe + the full disk access thing ... thanks for the fast help ! have a good day

• Matthew Joseph Ealy
    Matthew Joseph Ealy Member Posts: 1 Member

How did you get it to work? I"m having the same issue right now. I tried closing logic, updateing in NA, opening the stand alone, nothing is working to fix it. This happened before some time ago but I figured it out somehow but can't remember.. this just randomly happens. it's annoying.

• Jeremy_NI

@Matthew Joseph Ealy Does it happen with any preset/instrument in Komplete Kontrol? Kontakt libraries, Massive presets? Is it only happening in Logic or also in standalone?