I can't get my NI plugins to show up in pro tools

Tryn2
Tryn2 Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

When I go to ➡️ Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins I don't see any of my NI plugins. Could it be the location of my content folder? How do I Fix this issue? Or is there a default setting I can go to on the NI Access app? Where should my default folders be?

Tryn2... figure it out

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @Tryn2 So what about your issues with the plug-ins? Is that fixed? It was about AAX plug-ins and now it's an issue with a Komplete Kontrol keyboard ? Maybe some context would help. What model of keyboard is it? Is it plugged when you open ProTools (if it's not connected then this message will of course come up). There is a section in this article on how to set Komplete Kontrol for ProTools: How to Integrate KOMPLETE KONTROL with Your DAW

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@Tryn2 We contacted you by email to check this out. We'll need some more info on your system.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@SPOK I thought ProTools First was discontinued. ProTools First only load Avid / Pro Tools plug-ins, no third party AAX plug-ins like ours, this is why they are not showing.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    edited September 2022

Hey @Tryn2 What version of ProTools are you using ? What plug-ins are missing ? AAX plug-ins are installed in the location you mentioned by default, and there is no way to change that in Native Access. Are you able to open the standalone NI applications ?

• Tryn2

Wassup Jeramy... Tried to open PT today and got the attached message from PT. How do I choose a MIDI device in the MIDI controller? Any suggestions would be great

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Hey @Tryn2 So what about your issues with the plug-ins? Is that fixed? It was about AAX plug-ins and now it's an issue with a Komplete Kontrol keyboard ? Maybe some context would help. What model of keyboard is it? Is it plugged when you open ProTools (if it's not connected then this message will of course come up). There is a section in this article on how to set Komplete Kontrol for ProTools: How to Integrate KOMPLETE KONTROL with Your DAW

• Tryn2

No No. Its about the plugins. But I was told to check the PT peripherals to make sure Komplete Kontrol was selected. And it is, but still cannot get NI plugins to show. I've got the Komplete KontrolS61 and it works fine. When I load an instrument track in PT I can play it with the KK61. I'm Stumped

• Jeremy_NI

Ok, so what plug-ins exactly are missing ? Are you able to open Komplete Kontrol in Pro Tools? In standalone ? Are all your NI products showing there ? Can you open all the NI programs in standalone ? Did you install them with Native Access ? What are the installation destinations ?

• Tryn2

In PT I see NO NI plugins. I am not able to open Komplete in PT. I can open it is standalone with all NI programs showing and playing. Yes, I installed them with Native Access. However, there are ?'s next to my file locations. Wondering if I should uninstall everything and reinstall to get the right paths.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert
    edited September 2022

Those question marks only tell you what each location is meant for. Hover over one and you should see a tooltip popping up.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@Tryn2 We contacted you by email to check this out. We'll need some more info on your system.

• Tryn2

Thanks again Jeremy. Everything works fine

• SPOK
    SPOK Member Posts: 3 Member

so what was final step - reinstalling NI plugins?

• Jeremy_NI

@SPOK In the case of OP, it was an issue related to the system (multiple locations of the same application).

What usually solves the issue for missing plug-ins in Pro Tools is to make sure that ProTools and Native Access have Full Disk Access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Then remove the AAX plugin files from their location: Mac HD > Library > Application Support > Avid > Audio > Plug-Ins

Open Pro Tools, close Pro Tools

Reinstall the plug-ins in Native Access.

Open Pro Tools again.

• SPOK

hi Jeremy, I´m on protools first, Mac OS, I did what you wrote, before I did optimization. but again nothing appears on inserts... I'm not so good on computing, but I'm stuck...its already month I'm trying to solve this issue))) though may be jump on Logic)) kidding

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@SPOK I thought ProTools First was discontinued. ProTools First only load Avid / Pro Tools plug-ins, no third party AAX plug-ins like ours, this is why they are not showing.

• SPOK

thanks Jeremy! I would upgrade to higher version, it just came with scarlet pack...