How to turn off mouse wheel control of faders? Traktor Pro 3

mattdruid
mattdruid Member Posts: 1 Member

Hi, is there a setting or way to disable the Mouse Wheel from interacting with Traktor Pro 3?

With the Mac Magic Mouse, there is no physical wheel and it's quite easy to accidentally swipe the wheel when moving the mouse over Traktor. I have inadvertently adjusted the cross fader or volumes on accident. Is there a setting or way to disable mouse-wheel interaction?

I found an old post from 2012 asking for the same feature a while ago (https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/turn-off-mouse-control-of-crossfader.176066/), but not sure if this ever got implemented as an enhancement.

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• DJDQmusic
    DJDQmusic Member Posts: 29 Member
    Answer ✓

I have had the same issue and had to switch over to another mouse. I used to drive me bat shit crazy when there was unexpected EQ mishaps.. especially when your in the middle of recording a set..

It would be great to have some or even one option with this.

Answers

• DJDQmusic
    DJDQmusic Member Posts: 29 Member
    Answer ✓

I have had the same issue and had to switch over to another mouse. I used to drive me bat ****** crazy when there was unexpected EQ mishaps.. especially when your in the middle of recording a set..

It would be great to have some or even one option with this.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

And isn't it possible to switch off the wheel in the driver for mouse?

• digisun
    digisun Member Posts: 8 Member

There might be third party solutions to overwrite the mouse settings. Maybe Steermouse?

• bradjames82
    bradjames82 Member Posts: 1 Member

Having the same issue, it's making Traktor really painful to use.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 566 Pro

Move the mouse to the playlist area. Mine usually stays there because that is all I really use the mouse for.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,218 Expert

Potential dumb advice, but maybe find a way to not use the mouse at all during your sets?

Make a list of what you need to use the mouse for, map a midi controller to do that. Of course this is rather a workaround then a solution. I still hope it helps.

I normally never touch my mouse during a set, unless I need to search through my playlists. And even that is mostly doable with my controller.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 566 Pro
    edited September 2022

Not bad advice at all.

I also have switched to trackball mouse. It took a while to get used to, but so much better.

You can't bump it as easily so where you leave the pointer is stable. Mine fits under my laptop stand and out of the way. It takes a month or so to get used to.

The Logitech with the blue ball, does both Bluetooth and sensor. I also use a Kensington for most my other work.

• Gugo
    Gugo Member Posts: 2 Member

Same issue here. How's possible that they didn't add any option to adjust the sensitivity or removing the wheel function?

Recording at home it turned so hard with that issue