Mapping more than 8 Cue points? & playhead following?

6xes
6xes Member Posts: 640 Pro
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

i searched the forum to check if there was a way to expand the number of cue points beyond 8..

it would seem that only 8 cue points per track can be mapped,,,

unlike the free Virtual DJ where i have mapped 64cue points on a single song LOL

Is it possible to have the playhead of Deck A & Deck C follow one another?? The silly idea im having in my head... is Deck A&C loaded with the same song playing in unison with 8 cue's on Deck A and another 8 on Deck C spread out across the song... not really a solution to the limitation.. but it does beg the question... can a Deck follow another deck with a cue point jump?? im guessing no?? maybe??... but i dont know for sure? *shrugs

anyone?

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,555 admin
    edited August 2022

That's correct. You can set more than 8 cue points, but software & controller access is limited to these 8.

How about mapping a button to create a "next cue" kind of thing?

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,654 mod

1 - Have the same track in both decks but rename one first - that will allow for a different set of hotcues.

2 - Map the volume to 'kill' the other deck audio when a hotcue is triggered.

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 640 Pro
  • Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert

Not sure, if that would work, just idea. What about using F1/JAM (or any other MIDI controller) to access all defined hotcues?