How to loop sample to infinity without holding the pad

hynekst
hynekst Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Good evening,

I have recently bought the Maschine+ and it works great. I just cannot find one thing, that is important to me. I want to import sample, then press pad with this sample and it should loop to infinity, without holding the pad.

When I set the sample as One-shot, it cannot be looped. When ADSR, I have to hold it. And when AHD, it plays max for 7 seconds.

Is there even that option? I watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io7va2QA1zI where he is looping drum sample and he has exactly the behaviour I need - drum sample is playing again and again without holding the pad. How could I achieve this? Thank you!

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

In the video, the sample is not looping indefinitely. He's hitting at the beginning at the loop and then he records the pattern by hitting the pad at the beginning of the loop/bar.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod
    Answer ✓

You only have to hold it if the Audio Plug is in Gate mode, set it to Loop and it will loop forever as long as it's activated in the current Pattern and the Project is playing. If the Audio Plug is inactive do what Jeremy said.

Answers

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,353 Expert
    edited August 2022

Use the Audio module instead of the Sampler.

• hynekst
    hynekst Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I've tried it, but I also have to hold the pad to play audio module. Or am I doing anything wrong?

• Olihop
    Olihop Member Posts: 152 Advisor

"Latch function" doesn't exist in maschine

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,120 Guru

@hynekst I didn't watch all of that video (and you didn't refer to any particular part) but the reason the loop plays continuously after he's truncated it is.........he records a pattern.

I'd suggest reading the Maschine+ manual.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

In the video, the sample is not looping indefinitely. He's hitting at the beginning at the loop and then he records the pattern by hitting the pad at the beginning of the loop/bar.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod
    Answer ✓

You only have to hold it if the Audio Plug is in Gate mode, set it to Loop and it will loop forever as long as it's activated in the current Pattern and the Project is playing. If the Audio Plug is inactive do what Jeremy said.

• Antonio B
    Antonio B Member Posts: 73 Member
    edited April 9

Using the audio plugin is clunky (you cant press the pad to turn of continuous looping - sure, you can use the pattern mode to trigger on/off but it doesn't behave in the way you would want) and unnecessary steps to get to a rather basic functionality imo . NI should implement a more intuitive sample trigger mode function in their sample. Seems like an easy layup - In the sampler, choose one shot, loop, gate, etc. Standard and simple in almost any sampler. That way a Maschine MK3 can act as a sample instrument like an SP404 MK2 where you have different playback modes, envelopes, and done quickly with a single press of a button. Maschine is an incredible tool but too many things seem needlessly complicated...even after reading the manual.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 604 Guru
    edited April 11

bro just use Raum's looping functionality, you can loop anything with it, not just samples

People are sleeping on Raum. It's not just a reverb, its also a looper

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 165 Helper

My Main tool is RAUM, from the first time I used RAUM I become impressed and it's main tool till this day.