In which expansion packs can we find acoustic pianos for Maschine+ that are at least okay?

Sebastian
Sebastian Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi guys,

I am new to maschine+ and I begin to realize that many of you are obviously also missing acoustic piano sounds.

What about the expansion packs: Can we find there some acoustic pianos that are at least okay?

Hey, Native Instruments: Why not creating some pure acoustic expansions for maschine+ as long as all of our acoustic high end Komplete / Kontakt stuff is useless for that box? I am not talking about a 60GB grand piano with 20 velocity zones. Just give as a few quite good acoustic pianos and also some better rhodes and wurlitzer stuff in different resolutions that some RAM space is left for other instruments.

Otherwise Roland's ZenCore machines might be the better choice?

Thanks a lot

Sebastian

Best Answers

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

Might be worth to check out this thread:

Also there are several Expansions (mostly of the R&B variant) which offer pretty cool multi sampled piano Sounds which work great on the M+.

The Expansion reviews by Jef Gibbons on Youtube might be helpful.

• Sebastian
    Answer ✓

Hi ozon,

okay, after having downloaded and installed about 50 expansion packs from my (not the very latest) version of Komplete ultimate account I must say, this box is no stupid toy, I won't send it back to the shop. I am really surprised, partly overwhelmed about all the kits and sounds I finally found. I love the pads, but will need some time to get into the workflow.

And yes, I also finally found one or two acoustic piano sounds that are okay and usable - and some Rhodes and Wurlitzer sounds that are really good.

Thank you

Sebastian

Answers

• ozon
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

Might be worth to check out this thread:

Also there are several Expansions (mostly of the R&B variant) which offer pretty cool multi sampled piano Sounds which work great on the M+.

The Expansion reviews by Jef Gibbons on Youtube might be helpful.

• Sebastian

Thank you, ozon!

I hope, I will find these expansions.

All the best,

Sebastian

• ozon

Since upgrading to Komplete Ultimate I have a lot of Expansions on my M+. I could dig around in the Sounds Piano category, but the problem is that what sounds good to me might be useless to you.

• ozon

BTW, did you see that there are a couple of multi sample based Piano sounds already available in the standard library that comes with the M+?

They are not Kontakt instruments and you find them in the Sounds category.

• Sebastian

Thanks again, ozon.

Well, after listening to the sounds in Maschine+ I was indeed pretty disappointed at first and thought, this is nothing more but an expensive and good-looking toy.

Now I realize, this gadget can't offer sounds in the quality we know from Komplete for this price. It simply can't replace a MacBook with Ableton Live and NI Komplete Ultimate... And it's not fair when I compare these two solutions.

The standard piano sounds I found didn't convince me. Now I download and install all the packs from my Komplete ultimate account, that's quite a lot. Maybe I find a usable piano there.

If not I will add some other gear and link it with midi. This might be fine, too.

Thanks again and all the best

• Sebastian
    Answer ✓

Hi ozon,

okay, after having downloaded and installed about 50 expansion packs from my (not the very latest) version of Komplete ultimate account I must say, this box is no stupid toy, I won't send it back to the shop. I am really surprised, partly overwhelmed about all the kits and sounds I finally found. I love the pads, but will need some time to get into the workflow.

And yes, I also finally found one or two acoustic piano sounds that are okay and usable - and some Rhodes and Wurlitzer sounds that are really good.

Thank you

Sebastian