Installing expansions from USB disk Komplete Ultimate CE on Maschine+ (?)

Kafel
Kafel Member Posts: 9 Member
edited August 2022 in Maschine

I have to install on Maschine+ 54 expansions from disk Komplete Ultimate CE. Downloading via wifi is a nightmare. This could go on for months! Is there any simple way to copy and activate my expansions from the Komplete Ultimate CE (USB disk) I have?

Comments

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    edited July 2022

Hello,

if you have that installation drive from native then you just connect it to the pc and native access is doing the rest if you install all stuff. It then only downloads updates.

• Kafel
    edited July 2022

I'm asking about installation of expansions on Maschine+ (standalone hardware with SD card). Not PC or Mac with installed Native Access app. I can't just connect Komplete Ultimate CE installation drive to Maschine+

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert

No, unfortunately it is not possible to install Expansions from a USB drive or copy them directly to the SD card.

• Kafel
    edited July 2022

Then NI should do something about their servers, which have terrible bandwidth and it takes days to download a few gigabytes of data (Expansions) ... or maybe it's the fault of the terrible WiFi module in Maschine+ (?), because Native Access on the same network does not have this problem.

• ozon

Did you ensure to have sufficient space on your SD card?

It may require double the amount of the space required for all the Expansions because it downloads the installers, installes the content and then deletes the installers, which might also happen later.

• Fugazi81
    Fugazi81 Member Posts: 58 Advisor
    edited July 2022

Hello,

If you have WiFi problems, you can use an USB LAN adapter. I did that and it was faster and more failsafe than WiFi. I just let the installation run overnight and everything was ready in the morning.

• Kafel

Hi,

Thanks Fugazi81 :-) I will try to do it.

• Kafel

I have enough space ca. 200GB. It is only transfer speed and stability problem.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,001 Guru

I agree the WiFi on the M+ doesn't seem to be very good.

I have a full fibre connection with 900Mb download/upload, and also WiFi 6 on the router. Testing WiFi throughput on my phone, I can obtain 500Mb/s - yet the M+ downloads are really slow.

It's a shame there's no other method (such as putting M+ into storage mode and using Native Access).

• Kafel
    edited July 2022

What's your USB LAN adapter model? The one I have doesn't work with Maschine+ :-(

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,001 Guru

Google for JP1082. Someone posted here that it works.

• Fugazi81
    Fugazi81 Member Posts: 58 Advisor

Hi, i have a HORI Switch LAN Adapter. There are cheaper models, but my Maschine+ definitely worked with the HORI Switch adapter. Hope you get this sorted out. Nothing is more frustrating than dealing with all those technical hurdles when you could actually make music.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I do not have M+, so I am not familiar with installing SW/content on it. But would not it be possible to copy Expansion files from PC? And authorize them somehow in M+....

• ozon

No, it’s not possible, because the Expansion registry is on the internal inaccessible flash memory, not on the SD card.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

OK, I thought, it would be possible to authorize it afterwards using M+. Something like repair in NA.