Record / Playback transitions

Options

Comments

• oviwan
    oviwan Member Posts: 108 Helper
    Options

Hehe @Aquadics, matter of fact your comment discouraged me and I stopped working on it. Hopefully I’ll get my energy back one day and continue…

• Aquadics
    Aquadics Member Posts: 61 Helper
    Options

Hi @ovah, I am really sorry for this. It was definitively not my intention. But honestly it's something completely normal if you are working without any pressure on your own project :-)

I wish you all the luck you need and hope that you get fresh energy.

• oviwan
    edited July 2022
    Options

Thanks @Aquadics! It would really help if you guys try the alpha version and give me some initial feedback. As an independent developer working on a free product, that's what I feed on :)

• Aquadics
    Options

Hi @ovah, but if it's working for you, and you are convinced that it is doing its job, why not to release it offically or to put it in a store. Or maybe present it in a YouTube video to the public. There must be thousands of potential customers out in the wild. I don't think you will find them all in the forum.

For myself I am currently using to 100% Denon standalone gear so I am not a target customer for your app. Also, why you did not make it an iOS or Android app. I assume to run it on a mobile device would be much more interesting. :-)

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 586 Pro
    Options

I'm only on PC. But seems interesting. Maybe put out a couple videos of what this is.

Videos are what helps the most with feedback and interest.

• Aquarobotics
    Aquarobotics Member Posts: 14 Helper
    Options

I've always wanted to see a similar feature for Traktor that allows you to link tracks - as in, have a playlist attached to each track that contains tracks you've linked to it. This alone would be great for mixing and building your own matrix of selections.

• oviwan
    Options

The product is in an early phase of development. I would have to spend few hundred hours more to polish it. I was hoping to get early feedback from the community, to gauge the interest, before I spend more time on it.

Thanks for your suggestion, I guess I’ll give it a try…

• oviwan
    Options

Sounds interesting. Not quite related to what I’m describing but I’ll put it on my todo list to experiment with. Thanks!

• oviwan
    Options
  • oviwan
    Options

Hi @Aquadics @zephry - you guys showed interest in my work in the past. I came up with a tone player for Traktor. Do you guys want to give it a try? Here's the thread: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/6081/instant-toneplay-plugin-for-traktor#latest

• Aquadics
    Options

@oviwan Thanks for letting us know. On weekend I will give it a try.

There is only one thing I would really like to understand. What keeps you away from using Xcode and making "regular" apps for macOS which may work on iOS as well. Are the tools you are using making things so much easier :-)

Have a great day

• oviwan
    Options

@Aquadics my knowledge of ObjectiveC and Swift is pretty limited - it's as simple as that :) I use Node.js, and that allows me to develop much faster.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 586 Pro
    Options

Unfortunately I didn't realize it was Mac only. Looks cool though.

• Aquadics
    Options

Ok, this makes sense but if I would be you I really would give it a try. Swift should not be too difficult to adopt if you know Java Script and with SwiftUI you can build apps in no time. 😁

• oviwan
    Options

@zephry I'll work on a Windows version but I don't have a test machine for that, are you willing to test it?