A shot in the dark: Kore/Kore 2

Season
Season Member Posts: 22 Member
edited June 2022 in Other Software & Hardware

I know it’s a REALLY CRAZY shot in the dark since Kore/Kore 2 isn’t supported anymore but I think a petition should be made in support of releasing all of the Kore SoundPacks to owners of Kore/Kore 2 software. Does anyone else agree? I still use it and would love to use it more often than I usually do but I would love to have access to the other SoundPacks. I only think it’s fair since it isn’t supported anymore and hasn’t been for quite some time now [since 2011-2012]. Maybe also one day they could also be kind and make the software open-source [so maybe someone else can write another update maybe] as well but I don’t think I’ll hold my breath for that though. I have some Kore SoundPacks but I don’t even think I can re-download them anymore from the main site or even Native Access for that matter.

Tagged:

Comments

• James Hardon
    James Hardon Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

hey Season im trying to find Kore 2 for mac i had it on an older computer. can you zippylink me to a .dmg 🙏

• NitroDublin
    NitroDublin Member Posts: 10 Member

Does anyone know what is the oldest Native Access version that can authorise software? I just did a fresh install of Komplete 6 and Kore 2 on OSX 10.9 Mavericks and the corresponding Native Access app says “not connected to internet”. I wonder if I upgrade the OS to El Capitan, it will still leave the Kore hardware usable and I might register my Komplete and Kore?

• Season

You don’t need to use Native access for older legacy software. You install it manually and authorize it the way it was originally authorized.

• NitroDublin

I’m not using Native Access to download the NI software, I need to authorise it. The original was of authorising is retired, for Mavericks the version 1.1.3.50 of Native Access is to be used, but as I said, it gives me “not connected to internet” message even though I am connected to the net.

• NitroDublin

Just a quick note for those with the same problem, I managed to install, update manually and authorise Kore 2 and Komplete 6 on Mavericks, the only problem is that NI say that they don’t have the installers for the sound packs as they were all discontinued a long time ago. Now all I have to do is to try find the installers somehow.

• Liquidedition
    Liquidedition Member Posts: 9 Member

I still use Kore 2. It's awesome for stacking midi fx, basslines and lead synths. They should make the soundpacks free!

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Generally NI should old legacy SW, that cannot be authorized by NA (or any other means), either release unlocked, or provide unlocker for legal users....

It is IMHO absolutely unacceptable just to say sorry, no more new authorisations anymore...

• NitroDublin

I agree, I was in fact met with a problem of not having installers for the Kore soundpacks that are registered to my account and NI told me they don’t have the installers any more and that I wouldn’t be able to authorise them. I find it hard to believe, because when I enter my serials in Native Access, it thanks me for registering the Kore Soundpack, meaning had I had it installed, it would be authorised. Kymeia kindly offered installer to me, but it seems the files got corrupted because they can’t be opened. Also, just recently I read that people were able to authorise their Soundpacks. If anybody here has Soundpack installers, I would be eternally grateful. 🙏🏻

• NitroDublin

It’s incredible, I love it so much. Did a fresh install of Mavericks on my old Mac, installed Komplete 6 and am planning to bring the OS up to Mojave which is the last OS that unofficially supports working Kore 2 controller. If everything goes smoothly, I’m planning to gather all the info and post it here on the forum of what works and what doesn’t etc.

• GeorgeTdR
    GeorgeTdR Member Posts: 3 Member

My friend, we ve done this conversation since the "old" community forum... Unfortunatelly, NI is not interesting... No matter if you have a licence for Kore or Kore 2... I've lost everything I've done with Kore since I passed to 64bit Windows.... My serial number its still here... Kore is NOT.

• Season

But wait, I'm pretty sure Native Instruments released the 64 bit installer so you should still be able to get it, or are you just referring to the SoundPacks?

• NitroDublin

You can install it with some low level hacking on macOS Mojave, that’s the last OS that “supports” the hardware and I was reading people installed it on Big Sur as well. I would assume that software should work on Windows as the latest Kore 2 update brought the software to 64bit. And there is only one version of Native Access for all Windows versions, from 7 to 11.

• Season

I used to use Windows years ago and may still have some of the files somewhere, but since mid 2015, I've been on Mac which may prove difficult to find the Mac version of the files. I feel if we're all able to come together to be able to gather and compile the resources we may be able to achieve this goal. The only issue is the legalities of this. NI still owns the software, but maybe if we're able to ask nicely we can achieve this goal. The question is whom do we communicate this information too? An NI Mod?

• NitroDublin

I’m totally up for that, resources in one spot with how to’s and what’s possible and what not. NI just responded to my email asking for Kore Soundpack installers with:

“Unfortunately Kore including its soundpacks are no longer supported. However I had escalated you request to my manager and senior agent. They confirmed that right now there is no workaround. As we are going through a busy period, I cannot provide you with any unofficial workarounds or troubleshooting. However, I will keep your ticket on record and update you if that changes.

Thank you for your understanding and apologies for any inconvenience.”

I feel if there is enough of us asking the same thing we could have a section here on the forum with all the aforementioned.