GUI design: adventures in Blender.

Comments

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

Peter, I just try your new update.

Now there ist another bug inside: on drawing a cable it snaped back and there is nothing. With a second try the connection is fixed. Please use an empty patch area and to connect outs to ins. It's difficult now.

Please repair it again. Thank you.

• Bolle
    Bolle Member Posts: 349 Pro

Works just fine here.

Please see your eye doctor. Thank you.

Greets,

Bolle

• ANDREW221231
    ANDREW221231 Member Posts: 295 Advisor

the thing you gotta know about Paule making snapshots for your ensemble is that Paule is a snapshot making tour de force, he's an entire factory. and more generally the practice of builders making snapshots for each other's projects is a big part of reaktor culture going back since years. i understand it can be frustrating dealing with snapshots especially on a project needing changes that might break things, but think of the intent as an offer of the basic currency of friendship

also you have to understandthat Paule's greatest passion of all may very well be for the MS-20, and the various versions made of it in reaktor over the years

• Bolle
    edited May 2022

Yeah. Seems to me his other passions include passive agressively trying to boss people around and flooding other peoples threads.

• ANDREW221231

again, i understand where you're coming from. i'm merely trying to provide context as someone who knows him a bit better about some things i see as possibly contributing to an uncharitable impression. a major one i neglected to mention is a language gap, as paule is a native german speaker who uses translate features. i've found this informs almost everything about his communication style, which took me a while figure out:

since reaktor community is a technical place a translation restriction forces a communication strategy that's direct and explicitly related to the task at hand as possible: "take the yellow sheet of paper and put it on the red book sitting on the table", any extra information contributing to something you or i may consider a more polite tone is just another opportunity for things to get confused

i actually helped him with something a while ago in a somewhat difficult to communicate task involving mounting disk images to install ancient VSTs. i found i had to kind of click into his frame of presenting information in a way such that it wouldn't get garbled on translation. we went back and forth over a few days trying to get it to work until it became clear there was a roadblock that had us both stumped. he was perfectly willing at this point to cut his losses, in a way i'd consider categorically unlikely for someone who actually had a 'pushy' personality

you may or may not find that to be relevant, i've never stood between paule and something having to do with ms-20s

• middle_hat
    middle_hat Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2022

Herr @Paule,

Ich habe Ihrem Album angehört und Ich muss sagen dass es mir wirklich gefällt!

Ich danke dass Sie sich entschieden haben es mit mir zu teilen.

Bleiben Sie fröh und gesund.

• middle_hat
    edited June 2022

A friendly message to a grumpy old man. Nothing to be alarmed about. Have a nice one. (:

• middle_hat

@Bolle, those are some awesome renders my dude!

• Bolle
    edited June 2022

We could discuss this until we're blue in the face. I have eyes and this is what they see:

All my UL uploads got one star ratings recently. Never got one of those before. That is so nice.

I can't even come here and share updates of my own projects in my own thread any more. Because this thread (almost literally titled "MY PROJECTS") got turned into a complete shambles that no one wants to read.

RIP to my thread. One of the very few i started.

I'm going to continue avoiding this forum, so y'all enjoy yourselves.

I don't need any of this nonsense in my life

Greets,

Bolle

• ANDREW221231

you seem to have taken offense when i surely didn't mean it. i was merely trying to mediate. as for your thread getting derailed, yes i have contributed to that and for that i do apologize. these things happen but it is best to avoid if possible, and if not at least keep to a minimum

i don't see any of your projects with a one star rating? if you're suggesting you're getting review bombed, i think that is highly unlikely here

if you decide not to post here anymore, well, that is unfortunate. again contributing to such a decision was not my intention

• Bolle

Don't worry. You're obviously a good dude and i appreciate your efforts. This thread was already dead before you arrived.

Those one star reviews are from before 5 days ago. I uploaded a few things since then. One 1-star review per project i had up, so not review bombed. I don't care.

Not caring is not a decision. I don't care for spending time on this forum. Simple.

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle
    edited June 2022

A 303 with 32 step sequencer.

Greets,

Bolle

• Bolle

Greets,

Bolle

• bolabo
    bolabo Member Posts: 97 Advisor

Amazing!!!

• Bolle

RMS mixer with vintag-y looking reskin i'm doing for fun. It's built by Morganah.

Greets,

Bolle