Maschine 3.0 price

Shed Maa
Shed Maa Member Posts: 80 Member
edited October 14 in Maschine

What would be the price for Mascshine 3.0 and the new content

Comments

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,255 mod

I doubt NI will provide this information before the official product launch.

• Cretin Dilettante
    Cretin Dilettante Member Posts: 169 Advisor

About tree fiddy

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,648 Expert

The price of the Maschine 2.0 upgrade was 99€, IIRC.

• Cretin Dilettante
    Cretin Dilettante Member Posts: 169 Advisor
    edited October 15

"And it was at ABOUT THAT TIME when I noticed that D-One was not actually a human Native Instruments forum moderator, but a ten foot tall crustacean from the Paleozoic era. I said "God Damn, monster what do you want from me on this music producer's forum?!" He said "I need about tree fiddy."

• BravoBonez
    BravoBonez Member Posts: 8 Member

Inflation adjusted (using USA CPI) the 2013 $99 upgrade price would be $135 today. So I believe it may be $135-$150 for an upgrade to Maschine 3.0. If they come in at $99 again, that would be great value.

• tribepop
    tribepop Member Posts: 163 Pro

I’m willing to bet it’s gonna be between $60-100 for the upgrade

• Mike Maschine
    Mike Maschine Member Posts: 5 Member

For those considering upgrading from Maschine models that won't support version 3.0, it would be helpful if Native Instruments could clarify whether they plan to release a MK4 in the near future. I’m open to upgrading from my Maschine MK2, but I’d prefer to avoid buying the MK3 now only to find out a MK4 is about to be released.

• maniacintosh81
    maniacintosh81 Member Posts: 563 Guru

As long as Maschine 3.0 isn't here just wait. No need to buy a Mk3 now. Maybe a Mk4 comes with 3.0 software or at least any hints that it is coming soon.

• KaOsphere
    KaOsphere Member Posts: 17 Helper

Maschine mk3 controllers have still a very high value/quality/feature ratio especially if you buy used imho.

But at this point in time waiting for 3.0 release seems to be the clever move.

• iNate
    iNate Member Posts: 218 Advisor

Buying used to pay $99 for an upgrade just jacks up the price by $99, so you have to factor that into the price you pay if you are buying with awareness that M3 is on the horizon.

Plus, lots of people selling MK3s refuse to do a license transfer, even though they get to keep all the software when doing so. They still think transferring the software will remove it from their account, rendering their Komplete Upgrades, etc. unusable for them.

It doesn't help that Native Instruments doesn't have an automated process to simply deregister the hardware from the account to allow the new owner to use the serial code to register to their own account, either (e.g. PreSonus does this).