Will Maschine JAM be compatible with Maschine 3.0? What do you guys think?

Comments

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 712 Pro
    edited October 16

i would bet there are chiefs at the top of the chain of command, looking at the Maschine+… and are wanting to retire it albeit pull the plug!! ..but there would also be lower tiered staff in possibly marketting teams, defending the life line of the maschine+

talking from the position of no experience with the Maschine+

people have put themselves in it… riding the marketed "standalone" train that was bug ridden since day1

..the conductor of the train…. calling "we're Almost there" keeping people on this long train ride… is really kinda funny, when you think about "damage control" & keeping the perceived momentum of the train moving…

sometimes, i do wonder if the Maschine+ users have been just taken for a ride around the mulberry bush LOL…

i suppose i should'nt wreck peoples perceptions lol…

as you were M+ users 07 tee hee

• Warpt1
    Warpt1 Member Posts: 28 Member
    edited October 16

New as I may be… if you haven't noticed I had some pretty good things to say about the M+. As i'm sure would some of the others I mentioned in that "untapped market"

I couldn't express to you in a short and sweet format how many ways the M+ has made my life easier as a musician. As far as I'm concerned, it's a fantastic device where I only have a few improvements I wish I had the reins to produce.

My whole point is there are still worlds of people out there who could benefit from this device who haven't yet been introduced to it. The Jam very much fits into the long-term goals I have for the M+, and potentially, could stand to see a resurgence if steps were taken to present the M+ to a crowd that would actually love it for what it is rather than wishing it was a DAW.

• 6xes

heres a question… for the maschine+ users

is the new maschine 3.0 software likely to be added to standalone??

• Warpt1
    Warpt1 Member Posts: 28 Member
    edited October 16

We don't even know everything 3.0 is bringing yet. I came here to talk about more M+ sales leading to more interest in the Jam.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,641 Expert

If you read the official announcement, you’ll know as much as everybody else…

• 6xes
    edited October 16

in respect to my question…

is the new maschine 3.0 software likely to be added to standalone??

i can gather already… the answer is currently "NO"….. as the answer would be forthcoming if my answer were incorrect! No official NI statement required!

im always ready to be corrected *smiles

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,617 Expert

The Maschine+ doesn't run Maschine software though. It runs its own dedicated system that allows it to do some of the things the desktop software does, and transfer files (with basic compatibility) to and fro.

It would be more accurate to say that the + will undoubtedly need to be made compatible with any major changes in version 3 of the desktop software - IF there are any changes major enough.

• 6xes

@PK The DJ

what i will find of particular interest… is NI's justification for not putting the Maschine3.0 software on their flagship standalone model.. the Maschine+

it would stand to reason … that if maschine3.0 is not optimised from the previous 2.x version… then it will not work well for the M+,

..at which point why would they bog down the already struggling atom CPU in the M+

• Cretin Dilettante
    Cretin Dilettante Member Posts: 168 Advisor
    edited October 17

"We have officially dropped support for Maschine Jam, because surveys show that very few of our users utilize it." *SARCASM*

Nah, but if they were smart, they would have held back the Jam a little bit & released the Plus first. Then, they could have shipped the Jam w/ Standalone integration from the outset & marketed the hell out of it as a side-car to the Plus, in addition to functioning as an extra controller in the studio. (instead of trying to compete w/ the Akai APC40 Mk2 & Ableton). We wouldn't even be having this conversation if NI were good at planning & marketing.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,641 Expert

Wrong. The current (official) answer is yes.

And it is beyond me, why you speculate about the (in)capability of a product you never used (according to one of your posts above). It‘s a standalone groove box, which has its limitations like any musical instrument. Interesting is that the most severe limitations are identical to the desktop version (with controller workflow), because they are in the Maschine software.

• 6xes

so correct me if im wrong…. you are suggesting the "standalone" part of Maschine+ is going to be updated to maschine3.0… (lets both wait & see)

if you are just referencing the maschine+ in standard controller mode with USB plugged in…. then that is stating the obvious

as far as interest in the Maschine+ and all its inherent short comings… im curiously watching the interaction between consumer & company, to gauge how much support is given for their latest iteration of maschine hardware, the Maschine+ !!

it makes me wonder sometimes… if the train is on autopilot & left to go round and round… who knows! lets wait & see "IF" maschine 3.0 ends up on the maschine+ standalone mode

• PortableDJs
    PortableDJs Member Posts: 50 Member

Guys any official (semi-official) news about compatibility with Jam and Maschine 3.0?

Thanks!

• PortableDJs
    PortableDJs Member Posts: 50 Member

Is the statement you quoted real or out of sarcasm? Did NI added the Jam in the end of support graveyard?

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,233 mod

When people a super confused and worried about a topic like this pls avoid such sarcasm as its easy to read it as a literal statement.