Kontakt 8 in Maschine, but…

MaikR
MaikR Member Posts: 293 Pro
edited October 9 in Kontakt

@Matthew_NI just before closing the topic where we could Ask Kontakt 8 creators anything, you dropped a link to an interesting video on Using Kontakt 8 in Maschine (as linked below), but what did you mean by ‘Here you go’ in response to:

Okay thanks, but in that case I also better wait upgrading, as K8-compatibility with M+ isn’t in place nor guaranteed to support my workflow In the near future. 

Again, not asking for the perfect solution (K8 support on M+, too) but a better support option for Maschine Plus’ hardware and software capabilities from within this new version desktop tool.

Maybe I’m missing the point here, because I don’t have K8 to test the workflow myself. Nor can I create / start projects in Maschine 2 on desktop, as the latest update is not (yet) compatible with the Maschine+.

So what am I missing to get this working in standalone? Is it possible to export in a way so the resulting project file or instrument can be used on the M+? 🤷‍♂️

Comments

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 1,286 mod

Kontakt 8 already works in Maschine 2 and Maschine 3 software - and it is our intent to ensure this follows in Maschine+ in a timely manner.

That said - I would encourage you not to purchase it yet, if you're reliant on that to work immediately.

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 293 Pro
    edited October 10

Thanks for clarifying things, and the honest opinion / advice. Appreciated.

I can see M+ isn’t fully capable of supporting K8’s features / tools to the fullest, and probably never will.

The demonstrated workflow with Maschine 2 (on desktop) seems to sequence / trigger K8’s internal (phrase) sequencers / loopers, arpeggios and chords tool.

What I’m suggesting for a K8 to M+ workflow, would be an export feature that generates a Maschine Plus compatible instrument that can be loaded into Kontakt on the M+.

It should include samples, layers, key groups, Macros, filters, etcetera. All that’s needed to generate sound, so without the new tools. Of course it would be nice to have those, too. But I don’t know if that’s possible, and for example chords are already part of the M+ feature set.

For me it would be a big advantage and therefore a good reason to upgrade to Kontakt 8, because it would allow me to create custom M+ compatible instruments.

Don’t know what Maschine 3 has in store when it comes to K8 integration, but I don’t think it will be ported to M+ right from the start. Where I think an export feature wouldn’t harm future development.