Is there a way to stop maschine 2 from hijacking my system audio?

____________123LG
____________123LG Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

When I have maschine 2 open it sort of hijacks my computers audio. When its open, its the only thing that can play sounds for example I'm trying to watch something but its muted because maschine 2 is open. Is there a way to make it that its not the only thing that can play sound?

Answers

• Rico010
    Rico010 Member Posts: 121 Advisor

I hate this as well, that’s why I use Maschine as a plugin in DAW only. Actually I prefer standalone M+ only, but you know, sometimes I need it on laptop as well

• DiosGnosis
    DiosGnosis Member Posts: 43 Member

What operating system? Win/Mac/other?

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,255 mod
    edited September 9

What's your audio interface? Select the appropriate audio driver in Maschine's Preferences and/or check if you have Windows "exclusive mode" enabled and turn it off, here:

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209770485-Disabling-exclusive-mode-for-ASIO-interfaces

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,627 Expert

Having the audio isolated in this way is actually the preferred way of working with software like this, because it's assumed that you don't want audio from unexpected places ruining your take.

Say you've hired in a professional vocalist for an hour, who's costing you a fortune, then just as your time runs out, the sound from an advert bleeds into your recording because you left your web browser open.

😁

• keilyn3d
    keilyn3d Member Posts: 13 Member

Go to [File]→[Preferences]→[Audio]
    and in Driver select WASAPI (Shared Mode). It will have more audio latency but will allow other programs to work.

other alternatives are selecting the driver ASIO or WASAPI (Exclusive Mode) but selecting a Device that you'll use only with Maschine and use the other devices for the rest of the system, example I only use Maschine 2 with the Device "Maschine Plus/MK3" so I connect my monitors/headphones to the Maschine, but all other software uses my normal pc audio (I use a headphone splitter to have both, the pc and the maschine connected to the same speakers).