Maschine MK3 controller not recognized (M1, macOS Sonoma)

northernmike
northernmike Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

My computer (M1 Mac) no longer recognizes my Maschine MK3, Traktor S3, or Komplete M32 hardware.

Has anyone else had a similar issue lately? I've tried all of the NI troubleshooting tips without success, including downgrading to Maschine 2.217. I've had no hardware issues with my gear over the past 3 years; cables and hub are in working order. I'm really stumped.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,255 mod

I haven't had any issues. I'd borrow a hub from someone to test if yours is really working 100%.

What changed in your computer? Did you recently upgrade to Sonoma?

In Prefereces>General>login Items check if these 3 NI background services are being launched at login.

Also, confirm they aren't crashing by seeing if they show up in Activity Monitor.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod

@northernmike All three at the same time? Did that happen after an update? NI update, MacOS?

Have you tried these steps here: My Maschine Controller Does Not Start

• northernmike
    northernmike Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks guys, I have tried all of those without success.

• Jeremy_NI

I'm contacting you by email, we'll need to have a deeper look in your system.

• mini9
    mini9 Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

@Jeremy_NI Were you able to find a fix for this? I'm having the same issue with my Komplete M32 hardware not being recognized by my M1 Mac, and have been going a little crazy. Followed all the troubleshooting guides, even bought new cables. It just starts in Midi mode but is not recognized by Komplete Kontrol or Ableton or the Firmware Updater. I've gone through most of the troubleshooting and compatibility guides, but nothing works.

• Jeremy_NI

OP never got back. This can happen for different reasons and is also different for different devices.

Please try these steps: My Komplete Kontrol Keyboard Does Not Start

Also make sure you have the latest version of Komplete Kontrol installed (3.3.2).

Next thing to try is to test on another computer.

If it works on another computer, please get in touch here so my colleagues can check your system: https://bit.ly/NI_support_Kontrol

If it's the same on the other computer, then it's most probably a hardware issue and this is where to go: https://bit.ly/NI_support_Hardware

• mini9
    mini9 Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

@Jeremy_NI

I've gone through all of those steps and tried on another computer but I'm thinking it must be a hardware issue with the port on the keyboard. I've tried a bunch of different cables (complying with the guidelines), including some through USB hubs and some new ones I just ordered that connect directly to USB-C, but it's the same issue. All feel loose in the keyboard port and I have trouble maintaining a connection. I'll try the hardware issue link, thanks!