Komplete Kontrol mk 2 jumping out of intelligent mode and not working

Echobit101
Echobit101 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited August 23 in Komplete Kontrol

Exactly as the title says, Just moved plugged everything in (Over 20 times checked everything) but every time i load up and instance it jumps out of intelligent mode in Cubase pro 13, midi fine.

Works fine if I load the komplete kontrol standalone.

Another issue my status bar flickers when komplete kontrol is open, just started today after updating to correct the other issue,…

Any light on this would be amazing

please and thank you in advance

Tagged:

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,395 mod

What do you mean by intelligent mode? Do you mean the host integration, like Play/stop of Cubase and the mixer functions or do you mean the connection between the keyboard and the Komplete Kontrol plug-in?

Can you describe step by step what's happening? What's your operating system?

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 844 Guru

This is interesting because I was about to post an issue regarding my host integration dropping out occasionally in my Ableton at times with my S88MK3. It only happens intermittently, but I can't really nail down the circumstances that make it happen. I can fix it by simply powering cycling my S88 while still connected to my DAW project and everything comes back to normal.

• Jeremy_NI

Is there a common trait in these drop outs? Is it after a specific manipulation or a certain amount of time? Do you have any antivirus/firewall active?

• Echobit101
    Echobit101 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Mine originally started intermittently to just random drop outs and then not it's consistent every time without fail, I load up the vst it works I can select my own preset with the controller it loads works fine,

Then select another channel/instrument come back, midi only on keyboard the vst still loads but it makes cubase status bar (file, open, close) glitch, if i Close the vst cubase status returns to normal.

So it's definitely something komplete kontrol related, I've made sure it's got admin access nothings blocking and taskmaster all seems fine.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 844 Guru

Nothing I can point to because it's so random other than it's at the beginning of the first session in a day. I do know it seems to not happen after I re-boot the keyboard once everything is up and running within the DAW. I always disengage Windows Defender's active virus scanning the whole time I'm using the DAW so I can't point to anything there.

The only consistency I see is that it only tends to happen after I first get it going during a session in which I'm actively dealing with several tracks with different NI plugins and I'm working directly on the keyboard using a lot of host integration with some minor regular mouse interaction to select and position the recording head on different tracks and enable recording on a specific track segment. At some point in doing that I come back to working directly with keyboard host integration features (play, record, stop, undo, etc) and nothing is responding. Everything still works normally through the computer and mouse, but host integration appears to be dead. That's when I reboot the keyboard and all functionality resumes normally. When I lose host integration all the normal keyboard functions for recording and playback continue to work fine through the DAW, just not from the keyboard. In all cases I'm working in Ableton's arrangement view.

One thing that may be a bit unusual in my workflow is I make extensive use of punch in and punch out features for recording small segments within different tracks. I rarely do full recordings on a single track. I tend to perfect the instruments on a verse or chorus then duplicate them throughout the track.

Once I reboot the keyboard with the project up and running it never happens again the whole day I'm working on the project.

• Jeremy_NI

We would loke to try and reproduce the issue on our side.

What do you mean by intelligent mode? Do you mean the host integration, like Play/stop of Cubase and the mixer functions or do you mean the connection between the keyboard and the Komplete Kontrol plug-in?

Can you describe step by step what's happening? What's your operating system? Can you make a short video of the issue and post it here?