Need Help!!! Traktor Pro 4 keeps crashing !!!

dj lp liang
dj lp liang Member Posts: 20 Member
edited October 22 in Traktor Software & Hardware

It's been about a month since I installed Traktor Pro 4, I've had 7 weddings since then, and in the first 4 weddings Traktor had crashed 4-5 times during a 6-8 hour wedding reception.

In my last 3 weddings at the first crash just switch to Traktor Pro 3 and no problem whatsoever

I have a MacBook Pro 15" 2016, 2.9 Quad Core i7, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro 450 2gb Video.

I start playing and in about 1 hour after stared first crash happens. Red Screen and Traktor Pro 4 closes, I reopen it and about 1.5 hours after… same problem, and it persists during the night.

At first I thought it was a heating problem but I ran it with a fan tray and same problem. I just uninstalled it and reinstalled it. hope now it won't be crashing again.

Is anybody with the same problem ???

After 12+ years using Traktor, it is the first time something like this happens, and is getting on my nerves and now I lost complete confidence on Traktor Pro 4 and don't want to use it again.

Please someone help me sort this problem out.

Peace everybody.

Comments

• dj lp liang

I forgot to mentioned, I use a Traktor Kontrol S8

• dj lp liang

One las question, I ran Traktor Pro 4 for about 2 1/5 hours cruise mode and no problem… but with Kontrol S8 problem persists

• maniacintosh81
    maniacintosh81 Member Posts: 564 Guru
    edited August 19

With these issues I would use Traktor 3 only for the tome being and wait for further updates of Traktor Pro 4. Which each update I would try a non-revenue session at home and if it runs stable I would may consider to try it again at a gig. Don‘t get why you start your events still with TP4.

Don‘t know where the issues is, but it looks like it has to do with the S8 if TP4 runs stable without it.

• DJ-Andre
    DJ-Andre Member Posts: 114 Advisor

I think a crashdump may be needed to determine the cause of the crashes. Can you run the NI Support Tool and attach the output file to this thread?

• DJDL
    DJDL Member Posts: 77 Helper

I recently ran Traktor 4.02 for 9 hours straight hooked up via USB to a Pioneer unit used as a mixer and soundcard, controlling Traktor decks via X1MK3, with no issues.

Last time I used it with my S4MK3, I did get a crash about 20 min into my set, specifically while trying to preview a track. I have no idea if the hardware used is in any way related to the crashes, or if they occur while doing more demanding stuff like having 2 tracks playing and previewing a third one on your headphones. The Pioneer unit I used is only 2 channels, so I couldn't access the preview player at all.

I will definitely run a test on both the S4 and S8, stressing the system as much as possible, and see if I can deliberately get it to fail.

• saradis
    saradis Member Posts: 50 Advisor

My five cents for your problem is, if you have files on Dropbox, One Drive and anything online try to play without internet because I think sometimes when you unload a track and it writes any changes to the tag, something happens that "closes the file stream" on traktor's end and the program literally doesn't know what to do about it, it doesn't even create a crashlog.

This, as well as a worn out usb cable for the controller, are the only two things that have ever caused a crash on me, and I am a really heavy (daily) user on both Mac and pc. Of course if you have crashlogs they will probably have you answer, also test all three current TP4 versions, maybe one works well.

• Friedemann_NI
    Friedemann_NI Product Team Posts: 148 mod

@dj lp liang

Hi! Could your crashes be related to this known issue of Traktor Pro 4?

Crash when loading the stem version on D2 / S5 / S8
    When loading the stem version of a track that is already loaded in the same deck, Traktor will crash.

• dj lp liang

Thanks for the info, but, I don't use any dropbox files, I use Beatsource as streaming service, but turned if offer the last 2 events.

Usb cable is a brand new Oyaide + USBC cable

How can I get that crashlog on a MacBook Pro ?

Thanks everybody for the input

• saradis
    saradis Member Posts: 50 Advisor

In your Documents\Native Instruments\Traktor 4.0.2\Crashlogs\crashdb\reports . Also, you can open a support ticket and the team will send you a link for the NI support tool which will send them your settings and crashlogs and they can figure out what went wrong

This discussion has been closed.