How do I get a second Traktor Kontrol S2 to work?

tasshin
tasshin Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

I recently purchased a second Traktor Kontrol S2, to store in a different location than my first. (I travel a lot.)

The first one works like a charm, but I'm having trouble getting the second controller to work. When I plug it in to my USB hub, it lights up for a second, but then goes dark and doesn't control Traktor Pro (3) at all. I've used multiple hubs to the same effect, so I don't think that's the problem. I'm also inclined to think the controller works fine, because it's brand new and does light up when I plug it in.

Best Answers

• Martiniix_NI
    Martiniix_NI Customer Care Posts: 299 mod
    Answer ✓

Heyo!

Have you tried using different USB cables? You can also test out with a different computer to discard hardware damage.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,395 Expert
    Answer ✓

Have you tried connecting it to the same computer, with the same traktor and same cable?

Literally unplugging the first and pluggin the new one in.

If that does not work it's a good chance it's a hardware fault.

• tasshin
    Answer ✓

Well, y'all were right! A friend had a spare USB B cable that I tried and that was in fact the issue. Glad it was neither software nor the controller itself. Thanks for all Ur help friends! ❤️

Answers

• tasshin

Both controllers are Traktor Kontrol S2 MK3's.

I've tried updating the firmware, but the Firmware Updater doesn't see the device.

Audio MIDI Setup doesn't see the device, nor does the System Profiler.

• Martiniix_NI
    Answer ✓

Heyo!

Have you tried using different USB cables? You can also test out with a different computer to discard hardware damage.

• tasshin

I don't have a different cable handy. I don't think it's a hardware problem, though, since it is A) brand new and B) lights up when the cable gets plugged in. If we assume it's a software problem, what would U suggest?

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,395 Expert
    Answer ✓

Have you tried connecting it to the same computer, with the same traktor and same cable?

Literally unplugging the first and pluggin the new one in.

If that does not work it's a good chance it's a hardware fault.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,539 mod
  • Martiniix_NI

Please give it a try and let us know @tasshin

• tasshin
    Answer ✓

Well, y'all were right! A friend had a spare USB B cable that I tried and that was in fact the issue. Glad it was neither software nor the controller itself. Thanks for all Ur help friends! ❤️

• Martiniix_NI

Im glad to hear that! Enjoy!

This discussion has been closed.