NKS Development Discussion

1126127128129130132»

Comments

• jggorman
    jggorman Member Posts: 165 Advisor

Does anyone have a migration of Sounds.com to a new library working on Mac? My plist and xml files aren't being picked up by KK.

• jggorman
    edited August 10

For now, I think I have found that if you just put your presets in another library's folder, they show up under factory presets. I put my NKS user presets in the Kontakt Factory Library 2 Library, rescanned that library and they have seem to have shown up just fine in factory. No downside other than forgetting I did this as far as I can tell.

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 448 Guru

Interesting - confirmed as working on Windows.

This also works for Reaktor instruments, although they appear under the Native Instruments brand - so you'd just need to edit your local database to fix this.

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 268 Advisor

That is simply because there is already a plist file searching for that location, which you need to do for your own plugins. Essentially this requires creating your own plist/xml files to locate your libraries in the factory tab. Jester has a whole post on this and I also did some deep diving and presented my workaround when the sounds.com thing first got changed. Correct me if I am wrong of course, but I think it is the same issue.

• jggorman
    edited August 11

Thanks Diam. I had already read Jester's migration guide and created my custom plist and xml file from the examples. Now I've looked through that other post and see you were in the same boat (trying but not succeeding at first). I also see that ultimately you got it working and didn't find out exactly how your files differed, but somehow worked. I too thought my files were identical except for required changes. I even tried to make only a few changes putting keeping everything I could the same starting with the template files. It just didn't work for me. In the past, I have had some issues manipulating libraries because of the duplicate locations of the root library and the user library. I spent all day on this, but I'll try again using the files you supplied thanks!

• jggorman
    edited August 27

Wow, I was trying to track down why Plogue Chipsynth OPS7 (recommended) was not finding the plugin and the solution just goes to show me that sometimes it seems like everything should be working, but it requires deleting database files. I am not sure which file worked, but at least one of them I didn't know about prior, so I will put them here below (thanks Plogue). I am hoping as I add things like the NI Resources back, that it will continue to work and that it isn't a conflict with another instrument. Below is for Macos.

/Users/Shared/NI Resources
    ~/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Service Center/pal.db
    ~/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Maschine 2/Plugin.data
    ~/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Maschine 2/komplete.db3
    ~/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Komplete Kontrol/Plugin.data
    ~/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Komplete Kontrol/komplete.db3

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 268 Advisor

I remember that rabbit hole. All seems like a bad dream now. :) Glad that worked for you too.

• jggorman

So I have come to the conclusion after solving multiple issues, that in the end, a clean slate is the best approach to conflicts and missing entries in KK2, KK3 and Maschine. I start with KK2, copy the database files to the Maschine db folder make backups and then do KK3, never running them simultaneously. The one thing I am unhappy with is that although the KK3 has its on plugin file, it also accesses the KK2 plugin file and that has in the past caused KK2 to not be able to launch, especially if I do not do a full scan of everything from scratch.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,773 mod

Has, any of you "emulation lovers" tried the new VMPC2000XL, which is an emulation of the classic Akai MPC2000XL Sampler? It is free and it looks great too!