The new features of Massive X 1.4 update

Nico_NI
Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
edited February 2023 in Massive X & Synths

We're excited to share that an update of Massive X was released last week with a fresh stack of new features. Let me quickly walk you through👇

1. Browser

As requested by a lot of users, we focused on the Massive X browser and introduced a new one with 1.4.0. It provides expanded functionality for filtering sounds by tags, text search, User presets and Favorites. With a bunch of different 'Sound Types' and 'Character' tags to browse through, you can rapidly narrow down your list of results. This is the first iteration of this browser and we will be looking into adding more features in the future.

2. Bass Enhancer and LP4 Filter Mode

A new effect showed-up in the synth, called the Bass Enhancer. Acting as an Insert effect, it provides specialized bass enhancement effect that brings presence and drive to low frequency content. Perfect for beefing up a bassline sequence or drum patterns. Use it at your own risk 🔥

You'll also quickly get to like the new 4-pole low-pass mode of the filter, attenuating frequency content above the cutoff frequency with a slope of 24 dB/Oct. Useful to make some space in the mix or sculpt a specific part of your patch 🎛

3. Control Sensitivity

Additionally, Control Sensitivity has been added to the Settings menu for the sensitivity response of controls, with nine options ranging from 25% to 250%. More flexibility for more accurate playing 🎚

In addition, 50 new presets were added to the Factory Library.

These functionalities greatly expand Massive X potential and makes it an ever more versatile synthesizer. Download the new update for free in Native Access to try them out.

You can read more about what's new in our Massive X manual here: https://native-instruments.com/ni-tech-manuals/massive-x-manual/en/welcome-to-massive-x

Tagged:

Comments

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert
    edited May 2022

Great update! The new browser is really cool 🙂

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru

Hoping this browser framework gets ported over to KK soon, soon, soon!

• LoveEnigma
    LoveEnigma Member Posts: 80 Advisor
    edited May 2022

Thanks for the update.

Here are a few suggestions: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/3002/massive-x-suggestions

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

cool new stuff - i really like it

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru

I suspect that they wanted to get a new framework established first.. and then hang all the stuff we want on it in stages.

A new ground-level approach to all of NI's browsers is needed and great to see it starting.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin
    edited May 2022

Exactly and @Jeremy_NI already shared some words from the team about exactly that to @Kymeia in another thread about the browser.

• Beatback
    Beatback Member Posts: 15 Member

Please make a button that randomly mixes the search result.

Other Media Bays like Cubase have this button so you don´t have to scroll to the bottom if you search for a sound.

Please update Browser for Maschine and Komplete Kontrol too!

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

That would be handy, thanks for the suggestion. I'm confident there will be improvements for other plugins as well.

• ALX
    ALX Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 2022

hej,

since the 1.4. Update, I can´t load my older and 3rd Party Presets anymore? after a rescan they show me the presets, but they doesn´t work! can anybody help me, or is it the "new" idea not allow those? i bought nearly all by NI but the others are important for me as well.

i think i regret my update :-(

edit:

i´ts not only 3rd Party, but NI presets as well:

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/3153/massive-x-error-loading-preset

regards

• Uwe303

There is an option to open the user folder, in the menu, have you checked that the presets are in there? My own presets work like always after that update.

• ALX

Hej,

Thank u :-)

yes i did and it doesn´t work :-(

i just try a reinstall?!

by the way, i found another bug.

(see the edit in my comment)

can u open that preset? :

coal mine ( mechanix)

• ALX
    edited May 2022

okay, the problem is clear.

presets need a "type" and a "character" to be loaded.

so how can i post edit it? the presets are not loadable!

• Uwe303

I tried some presets after your last post and i could open all my own presets and also the ones from native - will try the one you've mentioned too.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert
    edited May 2022

No that's not the case, I have a load of presets I made myself that didn't have either, they still load but just appear in the full list of user presets and obviously if you have any filters active then they won't show so make sure they are all clear first

To add tags you need to do this in Komplete Kontrol for now, not ideal, I know, but that's how it is - hopefully not for too long as it has the limitation that you can only add type and character tags but not organise presets into banks to manage them better if you have a lot, or any by third parties.