More information on future updates M+

Comments

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,527 Expert

why not downgrade

The problem with doing this is that projects made with newer software may not open on older versions.

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 460 Pro
  • tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 669 Guru
    edited July 25

You never should have updated beyond 2.17.5. This is precisely why I am still behind in my Maschine desktop versions.

All you can do is wait for the next M+ update I'm afraid. Dont be so quick to update your Maschine desktop next time - only update whenever a new M+ update releases, this is the only way to remain sane if you use both M+ standalone and the desktop interchangeably

NI should make a checkbox to Native Access which disallows updating Maschine desktop if it would cause M+ standalone to go out of version parity. Sad fact remains that NI prioritizes Maschine desktop updates, they will not hold back a Maschine desktop update just because it would break things for M+ users

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 269 Pro

"Dont be so quick to update your Maschine desktop next time"

I have better idea - ask NI why there are so slow on M+ updates.

7 months, really?

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 243 Pro

Maybe they could open a poll for that feature request…?

I’m really wondering who’s to make the call on M+ related development, because I’m afraid he or she is really has another agenda then us users.

Again, this user is still looking forward to the release of the new core firmware update for the M+… or at least a status update on the current testing of it.

• djadidai

Yo, adapt, if you want them to be compatible, stick with the version that works. It’s not more difficult than that

• Cretin Dilettante
    Cretin Dilettante Member Posts: 155 Advisor

Why are you so overeager to make excuses for this company and blame your fellow Maschine users? Some of us paid $1500 for this dysfunctional slab of metal & rubber and are rightfully upset about the way NI have treated us.

• PK The DJ
    edited July 25

Dysfunctional (Adjective) - Not operating normally or properly.

It does exactly what it says on the Native Instruments site and on the product box.

I'm not upset. I got what I paid for.

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 243 Pro
    edited July 25

You’re right, not ‘disfunctional’ completely. But as a new core update is in the making / testing, there seem to be some flaws. So maybe you could agree that there are other users with other use cases or workflows that bumped into some of these bugs or shortcomings that aren’t as advertised.

In my case the known problems with the so-called ‘class compliancy’ of the USB interface and functioning properly as an Audio and MIDI device.

In theory, so long as the device is class-compliant, it should be detected by MASCHINE+ and function immediately.

The promise was to expand device support, and yes there are a lot of factors that come into play despite the ‘standard’.

Given the complaints in the dedicated topic and the long awaited core update, there is enough reason to say that NI should keep there promises and release an update. And, also to keep their flagship Maschine controller (that’s still in stores and not deprecated) up to par with the desktop version of the software.

This has nothing to do with additional features or that the M+ is totally ******.

• Cretin Dilettante
    edited July 25

We're really going to play word games? You know what I meant. This is what I'm talking about. Someone has a valid criticism/problem with the thing they bought and people rush to insult or blame them for the problems they have. Do you understand that such a phenomenon is why consumer advocacy groups and consumer protections exist? The synth/groovebox/producer sphere is incredibly lucky that nobody has codified legal definitions for things like "standalone groovebox" yet, or else NI would have to actually put real effort into maintaining/developing their products. What they're doing is the equivalent of selling a new guitar (not a bass) with 3 or 4 strings, then telling you that you don't need a fifth or sixth string because "nobody needs more strings than that! What, you think you're gonna play jazz?". "Well, I mean I want to be able to play the guitar's full range…I don't know if I want to do jazz yet." "What do you mean 'full range'? the full range of the guitar is the 4 strings we gave you." "Right, but other brands of guitar have 5 or 6 strings. You're missing one whole string." "Well you can use a capo or retune the whole guitar". "Okay but this still doesn't solve the problem." "You should have done your research" "The pictures of this product clearly show a guitar with 5 whole strings." "That's because you can buy the 5th string separately! You had no reason to believe we'd include all 5 strings with this guitar." "GO FOUR LETTER WORD YOURSELF" [You have been given a warning by Fender Guitar Forum's Moderation Team for Abusive Behavior]

• djadidai

I’m not over eager for nothing, but you seem to live here and search for any excuse to preach with biblical complaining posts. It’s easy at the end of the line, I agree that the versions should be compatible, I’m an M+ owner myself, but at the end of the day, IF the cross compatibility would be so important to me, I’d not whine about it and stay on 2.17.5 until the next update. It’s not more difficult than that.

• djadidai

and btw, no one insulted anybody. Being told that you have the option to stay with 2.17.5 until next M+ update is not an insult. I can’t believe you still haven’t been banned from this forum yet. The way you write and compare things makes me believe you’re either some bot just automatically filling this forum with trash or an isolated lonely depressed pathetic bipolar sicko who got stuck like and old CD.

• PK The DJ

Here we go…

Akai have just announced their MPC 3 OS update for standalone MPCs. The desktop software however is apparently not going to get updated this year.

Compare and contrast.

• Cretin Dilettante
    edited July 25

I have posted a little under half as much as you. Post counts are visible next to our usernames. I just want the thing I bought to be worth the price I paid for it, considering the Maschine + is the only piece of gear I have ever owned, whose value has depreciated during the period of time that I've owned it.