GForce NKS

Comments

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,773 mod
    edited July 18

This other bank, Plughugger, is it named as "Bassbox"? from 2010-2011?

I have checked some forgotten DVD back-ups and found some old banks for impOSCar, including the one above… all are .fxp format

• jggorman
    jggorman Member Posts: 165 Advisor
    edited July 18

No, it is not Bassbox. None of the presets are the same as that bank. Bassbox is about 180 presets and the one from page one of this thread is 36 presets and not a sample or demo of Bassbox.

• Sunborn

@jggorman here is the Mr Arkadin Bank with the applied template:

about other banks:
    I have found a total of 16 old banks, all between 2010 and 2014! Then i followed your example and transformed them to 16 brand new impOSCar 3 collections. A total amount of 1180 presets.

However, lot of those presets have that nasty buggy behavior that i described you few days ago….
    a sudden sound mute, usually with a big "click" (like when you turn off an amplifier but you forgot to close the speakers before, so you hear a loud "zdoup" for a second)… after that, there is no sound at all on imposcar no matter how many presets i will load… i have to first completely unload the plugin and then load it again… on some other presets many major values (volume, cutoff etc) are at 0 (so, there is no sound at all)… of course, many presets still working well though…

• jggorman

Thanks for the template change. Yes, the presets don't work any better than any other presets because the problem is not with any of the preset .xml files including the resultant ones that are converted. The problem is with how the plugin is reading them. If you use my technique to save them as .nks files they will work, but it is not an easy task. However, it is easy to prove how it works. Backup your blissed out.xml, copy any .xml file to the location where blissed out.xml was and rename it to blissed out.xml and relaunch the plugin. For me, the default preset works until I change it with the browser. I did this with a script to save out the nks files, relaunching the plugin each time. Jason does this by copying patch data from the .xml file to the nks file and then somehow redoing the file checksum info or something like that.

• Sunborn

…and here are the 1000+ factory presets you send, with the template patched :-)

i also want to upload the impOSCar Legacy banks as Collections for impOSCar3 for you people, but, after so many years it is impossible to remember which one was commercial bank and which one was free… :-(

please have a look at the image, if you can identify a free bank, i will upload it!

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod

I think they all were except maybe the Plughugger one

• Sunborn
    edited July 19

hmmm… they were what? free i assume?

as far as i can see, none of the presets has author meta data

EDIT:

i found some info online, Soundgasm is a demo (that's why it has only 16 presets),
    Kriminal is free, Redux is an exported bank from the original synth…

so, 3 to upload so far :-)

• jggorman

I think if you search for imp2 in the included banks, you will the redux presets are included.

• jggorman
    edited July 20

Unless, one knows how to redo the checksum on the NKS files (Gulp Rewrite?), the collections need to be saved out one by one in a special manner; loaded with name changed to Blipped Out.xml so they load as the default sound and then saved one by one, reloading the the plugin every time. I have a script to do it, so if it is not too many, I can do them.

• Sunborn
    edited July 20

I wish that gulp rewrite could do such thing!
    Unfortunately you can only add/delete/change product, bank, sub-bank, author and comment… at least this is how far i went…

there are few other options, device type, mode, vendor etc. but i never managed to make them work…. the truth is that, in theory, gulp script can do a lot more things, but my knowledge on creating scripts is limited… if people were more open to collaboration, instead of keep things for themselves, we could do miracles…

i have asked few times in the past to make a thread and share scripts, codes etc, as the NKS pioneer jhorology did (and also me and Mercury, our finds is in the manual that Mercury did) but nobody responded… 🤨

btw, yes you are correct, the files from Redux bank are included in the factory presets

• Sunborn
    edited July 20

I have found info for 8 more free banks!

6 are mentioned here:

____________________________________________________________________________________________

one more, here (Dogboy73 is a user bank by a user, thus it is a free bank)

__________________________________________________________________________________________

and one more here (TechNoiZ is a KVR forum member, who offered his bank in his signature)

So, 10 banks to be shared so far… 😉

• Sunborn
    edited July 20

Also found the Experimedia, KS SYN and Rozzer Sounds, also user/free banks so, we are now on 13 banks!

Plughugger Bassbox was a commercial bank from 2010 but it is not available for sale anymore, so, if someone can ask them and they agree, i can share this one too… however, they do have another free bank for impOSCar3, here.

I couldn't find any info for the B i t c h and Sam Oscar banks, but i'm almost sure that were free (and now forgotten) banks…

• Sunborn
  • Home Studio
    Home Studio Member Posts: 71 Member

thank you 😎

• jggorman

Disclaimer, if you are not experienced with Keyboard Maestro and work on a mac, this will likely cause big headaches for you, including deleting files from your storage. Here is my script to save the nks files. You must have the KM software. It will be difficult to use because of window positions and precise menu movements that will not be in the same places on your machine. I do not offer any support on this. Use at your own risk, it will likely delete files on your computer without you realizing it (because that is what it does, though they should be in your trash).

This discussion has been closed.