More information on future updates M+

Comments

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 272 Member

Survey is nessery and I can't speak in front of users but critique is the only way for Improvement and people have tendency to critique thing's they care about. M+ but previously MK3 is crazy Instrument able to do impossible.

Thanks.

• nickstomp
    nickstomp Member Posts: 31 Member

hi @Matthew_NI

the surveys are useful but the one you did are very specific

for me for example what I'm missing in machine is the effects (guitar rig would be great but also the other ni effects, and not just raum)

also from the side of instruments now akai has a lot more useful instruments than machine we need at least a piano instrument that is decent and organs and strings. ni has a ton of sounds on the desktop and is incredible that they cannot port a couple of kontakt instruments.

also the looper on the akai devices is great.

if you can make live looping with instruments and vocal easier and add some instruments i think the machine workflow is a winner.

but at the moment is really geared towards dj and edm.

ah goes without saying that stability is also a priority(especially live)

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 669 Guru
  • OhulahanBass
    OhulahanBass Member Posts: 163 Pro

The ability to arm the sampler from a foot switch would make Maschine a quicker looping system. After I loop some drums, I choose a sound slot and pick up my bass or a synth. It takes some noodling before I find the magic, I would love if all I had to do to capture that magic was stop a pedal without taking my hands off of the instrument I am playing.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 669 Guru
    edited July 9

Yes, Raum has an infinite temposyncable delay which can also work as a looper, in addition to the reverb section. I recommend checking out the plugin on the computer, its easier to grasp all the possibilities once you see its GUI

Then it's just a matter of mapping out some macros

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,580 Expert

@MaikR did you ever read through all the topics in this section?

https://community.native-instruments.com/categories/share-ideas-for-maschine

Every point of your post is mentioned there. Some of them are formulated as feature requests.

Maybe if everybody who feels the need to complain would go into that section, read through all the topics and place their votes instead, we‘d have a bit more than about 50 partcipations. And please, resist the urge to post complaints in those feature topics. You cannot scribble rants on your ballot either.

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 243 Pro
    edited July 10

Thanks for willing to teaching me. I still can’t see why you’re stating that everything is already mentioned there, because previous questionnaires and current voting (automation and modulation) are aimed at Maschine Software in general, not at improving Maschine Plus features.

So maybe you can help me out to see which questions are aimed at improving the core M+ software and UI, especially when it comes to improving the standalone workflow…? 🤷🏼‍♂️

The only thing you can hear ‘complain’ about is the lack of communication and releases for fixing the M+. That’s why I felt the need to start this thread in the first place. Not for 3.0 requests.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,527 Expert
    edited July 10

@MaikR I agree with the points you've mentioned. The Maschine+ needs improvements in those areas.

When I first got it, I couldn't believe that there was no search option. There's even a magnifying glass icon, which typically represents search, but it doesn't work that way.

The whole thing relies on tagging - but there's no way to tag. Even on the desktop software, we can't add our own tags to NI content.

Having the WiFi tied in with Maschine on the computer would be a huge advantage. This is exactly how the Ableton Push standalone works. Oh, and the Push now has onboard pitch correction (they call it auto shift).

Don't forget the folder sub directory limitation either. That's also very restrictive.

• ozon

@MaikR Indeed you’re right, my apologies!

Most of your points concern just the M+, and were discussed in other threads, probably back when the M+ still was the new flagship product, this forum in it’s infancy and the old forum still online.

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 243 Pro

Apologies not necessary 😉 but thanks for your response, appreciated 👍🏻

• MorrisEd
    MorrisEd Member Posts: 141 Advisor

Zero chance any of this gets released this year. I hate to see NI continuously making promises and users going trough this same cycle of hoping things get better.

• ozon

This is the one I remember:

which was closed for reasons explained by @Matt_NI in the closing comment.

@Matthew_NI @Kai_NI @Kaiwan_NI please consider digesting the above mentioned thread into an Ideas Section for Maschine Plus, which should only cover features which are very specific about M+, e.g. file browsing, additional instruments and effects, custom content handling, device interoperability via BT etc. AFAIR, you also had a survey about these features.