How is Traktor roadmap looking?

Comments

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,541 mod

Then i wonder why you are still beating a 'carcass'. 🙃

• NoName69
    NoName69 Member Posts: 27 Helper

As a software developer by myself I cant understand how they take 2-3 years for that. All the libraries (demucs, spleeter…) for that are open source. I've coded already 3 spleeter based revisions by my own and they are even public libraries which do the complete process all in one too like stemgen from axeldelafosse. (Great library btw)

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,398 Expert

I have never done anything with a MIT license, can you just throw it into a commercial product?

• NoName69
    edited July 6

Yes, MIT is for commercial use.

Spleeter is being used by VirtualDJ, DJay Pro or VST software as RX8 and demucs is being used by Serato (AFAIK).

https://www.deezer-techservices.com/solutions/spleeter/

https://github.com/adefossez/demucs

https://stemgen.dev/

Also RX8 by iZotope (owned by NI) already made an Integration.

On developer site I can understand that its frustrating to deal with python embedding and hardware acceleration within old C++ code but its doable.

Fun fact: demucs was trained with MUSDB18 dataset which are in Native Instruments Stem format.

#edit: The only explaination to take that long could be developing new hardware featuring that. Since the release of the X1 MK3 im kinda hopeful. (Simon ignored every Z2 comment in June 2024 update and said the X1 is only a start - which could be a good sign)

• KostaSpeed
    KostaSpeed Member Posts: 6 Member

soon the said in December 2023 and now it is July 2024! I assume they gonna release traktor new updates when they reease generation 4 at controllers?

• Trickery
    Trickery Member Posts: 7 Member

I think that NI dev team or communication/ community managers should talk more about how the project is going. NI isn't recruiting dev at this time so the team should not be overworked OR they are and the board doesn't understand how much we DJs are craving for these updates to stay up to date in this highly competitive environment.

I fear that NI's lack of transparency has only one goal. To keep us buying while we wait for a product that will come way to late or will not be good enough to use.

So to keep customers trust, I hope they will soon keep us up to date and more frequently.

Lots of my friends are getting impatient and switching to pioneer cause they don't find interest anymore in using traktor :

1. No live stem separation
    2. No flexible beat grid
    3. Pioneer is the most while spread product in clubs so they don't have to bring their controllers. However metadata file format between traktor and pioneer is DIFFERENT so they can't prepare their songs on traktor and use them on pioneer without using 3rd party software

I guess NI should read this seriously as it looks like they are facing a major community problem with their lack of updates.

Shout-out to the dev that surely are being pressured a lot in this situation.

• NoName69

I think its more a focus thing. They released a lot in the past, but only EDM/Techno related features like pattern players, random effects, ozone maximizer and stuff open format DJs cant deal ****** with. In Techno music is Traktor definetly the leading software in the underground scene, especially in germany. Thats why we got Beatport instead of Tidal. Same reason why dev team didnt came up with stem seperation, tidal integration, controller with (scratch style) motorized platters, flexible beatgrids or Phase HID by themself: they think they dont need that. Techno DJs dont need all of that, thats why its low prio. Serato focusses on Open Format DJs by doing the opposite. I had rekordbox and Serato gear and I dont like them at all thats why im hoping that the devs open their eyes.

• maniacintosh81
    maniacintosh81 Member Posts: 566 Guru

Well especially according to stems this is still a very weak performance: NI started stems back in the days as format. Unfortunately no one has embraced the format. Would love to get professional mixed stems at Beatport as they would feature pristine quality. To be honest every stem separation I heard till today just sucks. Quality is at best somehow acceptable but usually you get to many artifacts. But even with this NI should had integrated in app separation much earlier. Especially as they have the know how inhouse since the acquisition of iZotope.

Was at a store looking for gear this week. Talked to the guy there and he told that he already saw the separation feature and we have to wait around two weeks. Giving not much on this information as I of course don't know where he got this information from.

• TurnedTables
    TurnedTables Member Posts: 52 Helper

We joke about a single Traktor dev, I suspect they have a single small dev team who work across all products , and Traktor is getting a tiny slice and not every sprint/development cycle.

Of course I don't know anything about their code base but I do work in IT and spend a lot of time refactoring and re-developing legacy products and my spider sense says that even a major re-factoring of code + the upcoming features should not take a single developer as long as it has.

• NoName69

Agree with that. Code refactoring in times of ChatGPT isnt that hard anymore. Took way too long for that. Im guessing that they have a bit more in pipeline. (I hope so)

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,398 Expert

Im guessing that they have a bit more in pipeline. (I hope so)

Ya'all just setting yourself up for disappointment.

• dbarob
    dbarob Member Posts: 5 Member

Pioneer is shocking at the min, Rekordbox 7 is utter shite, also if you bought one of the 7 x controllers they are no longer supporting because of it, you would be hopping mad, Engine DJ is nailing it at the min, and is under cutting Pioneer with better software and more features, don't write of Traktor just yet, trust me, these guys know what they are doing. Hang in there :-)

• Angelo
    Angelo Member Posts: 12 Member

I think it is time for a Update from NI.

We should get louder. Where is the problem to spend some time for updating the community???

• SteveKDJ
    SteveKDJ Member Posts: 143 Helper

Many people forget that we paid for the software and the equipment. We didn't get it for free or as a promotion. We have the right to make noise. In fact, nothing has been fixed for a year!
    (I don't know what is true, but someone once said that they were selling or buying NI...)
    Now what?

This discussion has been closed.