NKS Development Discussion

Comments

• James Steele
    James Steele Member Posts: 54 Member

Has anyone encountered a situation in which a VI plays back completely fine when loaded into a DAW or even Blue Cat PatchWork, but has issues and certain notes distort when loaded into Komplete Kontrol? In my case this is happening with certain drum kits in Ugritone Drums and Komplete Kontrol 2.6.9. When I load certain kids, I'll get nasty artifacts on some of the samples… mostly kick and snare. But the strange thing is when I open Ugritone Drums VST3 inside of Blue Cat PatchWork, there are no issues. This isn't the first time I've encountered this with this particular VI… happens in other kits too.

Just very strange… it all sounds fine EXCEPT in Komplete Kontrol. Sadly, the developer which is based in Finland is going out of business, too.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod
    edited June 20

Yeah Fabfilter Twin 3 VST3, the VST2 works fine but sadly on M1 that’s only usable in Rosetta mode. The VST3 just sounds weird, any patches with a rhythmic element in particular whether arp or lfo based sound vastly different to how they sound in other hosts or the VST2- been back and further with the Fabfilter devs for months but they are in denial mode, also reported as bug to NI

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,773 mod
    edited June 21

FabFilter latest version is now VST3 only (all plugins). Bye-bye VST2…

As from the previous version we had VST2 —→ VST3 migration, but Twin 3 was kind of unstable.
    This version seems to fix most of the problems. Presets are now recognized correctly, and arpeggiator works.

However, a strange thing…. Arpeggiator works correctly but only on NKS presets! The original arpeggio presets are, again, with disabled arpeggiator… you have to enable it yourself…. 🙄

• Kymeia
    edited June 21

Just tested - for me they are still completely borked - although they do work better with the NKS for sure

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,773 mod

eh… for some developers, evolution is a really slow process i guess… 🐢🐌

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 411 Advisor

Oh yeah I feel you . I am working on baby audio transit right now . Lots of headaches but 70% done for the mapping . Don’t know yet if I’ll cover the presets

• Kymeia
  • jggorman
    jggorman Member Posts: 165 Advisor

Kaldosh, I run both 2.9.6 and 3.2.1 along side eachother with no issues.

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 411 Advisor

thanks @jggorman hope it won’t break like the others

• jggorman
    jggorman Member Posts: 165 Advisor

Yes, I had issues trying to run both versions before, but those two seem okay and don't keep rewriting the databases over each other.

• chpiatt
    chpiatt Member Posts: 86 Helper

Just realized I figured out a way to make user-generated presets show up as factory content awhile ago and haven't really shared anything about my experience. Does anyone else do this? For me, it's a lot cleaner. Basically, I only use the User tab for presets I actually create vs. factory presets that weren't previously mapped (and for mapping User Library presets myself).

Does a guide already exist somewhere in this forum for how to do that? If not, I could write something up for the User Guide section of the forum, but don't want to double effort.

• chpiatt

Also, I only know how to do it on a Mac so would probably need someone with a PC to collaborate on it for PCs

• chpiatt

Or maybe could just link out to this article on Freelance Sounds detailing the process instead: https://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.php/articles/item/267-how-to-migrate-your-komplete-maschine-user-library-to-factory-library

• chpiatt

Still kind of insane that there's no way to navigate factory and user presets at the same time though. Seems like such an easy feature to implement and how the majority of people would like to view their libraries. Anyway, this hack makes it much easier to use for me, hope it helps someone!

• chpiatt

BTW, a quick tip related to this: you can't edit the tags or knob mappings of a "Factory" preset, but you can edit them on a "User" preset. If you move a Factory preset to your User Content folder, and then rescan, however, you can edit whatever you want, resave it, and then move it back to where it was. It will now have the new mapping you created. Just be aware, that you may lose some "favorites" you've saved in this process and a lot of installers for plugin companies will overwrite the changes you made when you upgrade to a new version. The way to prevent this is to:
    1) Temporarily move the presets you made to another folder
    2) Upgrade your libraries
    3) Move your presets back to the original folder (overwriting the factory presets)