More information on future updates M+

Comments

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 269 Pro

I guess that team are busy to make this update possible to happend ;-)

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 243 Pro
    edited June 5

I also hope that’s what’s going on. But as the previous update mentioned an ‘estimated’ release at the end of April, I would think they can inform the community about the delay and give us some information on the updated planning. At least, that’s what I would call ‘more actively participating’ and communicating with the community.

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 269 Pro

I felt disappointed too after we reach end of April without update but i guess that's update is something more than logo so it's important to make it safe and stable. I know that we all waiting for something big and more significant coming finally to Maschine Plus. Fingers crossed. :)

• growers
    growers Member Posts: 14 Member

New Maschine+ user, longtime MPC user. There is so much potential for the Maschine+ platform. I'm rooting for the NI team to make some feature updates based on the recent surveys and voting. I know these things always take longer than anticipated (especially with overlords constantly messing with resources 🤑), but know that there's a huge creative community that will benefit from your efforts and will appreciate any and all updates you can provide no matter how incremental ♥️

• MaikR

Yes, I can totally understand that. Therefore it can be a bit scary or become a pain when mentioning estimates. But then again, it’s all about communication.

I’m not here for just another feature request. The Maschine Plus has a very rich feature set and is great as it is. If they choose to do a survey to enrich it even further, then that’s cool. We’ll wait and see

But there are some issues within the core of the M+ (please see first post) that need to be addressed. At that point NI as a company is underperforming and failing to communicate properly. So not in it to bash people personally, but to get some information and keep my tools working.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,580 Expert

For me personally Maschine 2.18.1 is not usable due to some weird incompatibility with Cubase projects, and I hope they fix that before baking 2.18 into the M+.

• MaikR
    edited June 7

Absolutely agree on testing before implementing. But also to keep the standalone M+ compatible with the desktop version when it comes to project files and instruments. Or at least mention it explicitly before updating the Maschine desktop software, so users have a choice to wait and keep the DAW-part of it in sync with standalone.

I don’t know if its architecture allows for separate patches when it comes to the driver side of things, but otherwise that shouldn’t interfere with patching the firmware of the M+ where it comes to stability improvements or getting rid off bugs and compatibility issues.

The latter is what I’m waiting for, so I can start using the multiple outs on my audio interface again.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,527 Expert

@ozon said: "some weird incompatibility"

Are you referring to this?

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,580 Expert
    edited June 10
  • growers
    growers Member Posts: 14 Member

Just FYI I did the opposite (switched from MPC Live II) as I was getting horrendous audio playback artifacts after a few minutes using my class compliant RME UCX II as an external audio interface. Looking at the MPC forums it seems to be a crapshoot as to which interfaces work, even amongst different instances of the same model! No such audio problems so far with Maschine+, although the audio quality doesn't seem as good to my ears (not to mention the non-existent automation editing which I hadn't anticipated in this day and age).

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 669 Guru

Your best bet is to stick to other gear or get a NI Komplete Audio 6 interface for your Maschine+. It's the only officially supported audio interface brand ATM

• nickstomp
    nickstomp Member Posts: 31 Member