GUI jumbled and Headphone cue button missing; push knob does not reset gain to 0

VESICA
VESICA Member Posts: 4 Member
edited 5:45PM in Mapping Traktor

After using TRAKTOR PRO 2 and then 3 over many years across 3 Mac laptops, there seem to be some glitches that have manifested over time.

Problem 1: My GUI is displaying the "parallel" layout in "essential," and the only place where my headphone cue buttons are showing up are in the supposed "parallel" layout, which in this case is not that. (see pics below)

Question 1: how do I reset the GUI layout to default factory settings? (I have tried to go back a few versions but not luck)

Question 2: I like the parallel layout and would love to see my headphone cue on my screen. Possible? Or only is it only supposed to show in mixer layout (or whatever it named here)?

Problem 2: since upgrading (to 3.10 I believe), the filter/gain knob does not release and set back to zero. I have extensive customizations via the controller manager. I have been able to at least get the filter reset to work by importing an earlier version of the controller mappings. However, the gain reset still does not work and has to be dialed back manually.

I can redo the customizations, but would need a new default .tsi

Question 3: Any tips on how to fix this? Where do I find the default .tsi files (for Traktor 3.11) and Traktor Kontrol S2 MK II?

I know there are more than one problem and one question in this thread. But it's all connected to the .tsi file and possibly other preferences. So any ideas and help would be appreciated! Thank You!

Hardware: Mac M3 Pro (36g RAM, 1TB) and Traktor Kontrol S2 Mk2.

GUI jumble:

Comments

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,539 mod

While you have a layout active, you can customize the GUI using settings scattered across the Preferences pages. These include things like making visible the section containing xfader and monitor controls, as well as deck (size) displays. All of these are stored in the active layout. If you then switch the layout, you can customize the new one as well. You can also rename the layouts, as well as create new layout entries.

It's all a matter of first selecting a layout and second to take your time and go through all of the Preferences.

You can find the default mappings for your controllers in the controller manager page of the Preferences. In the dropdown device menu you can see which mappings are loaded. Using the 'Add' button below, you can add both default mappings as well as custom mappings. Remember to not have more than one default mapping active for your devices.

I seem to remember that the default mappings for the Mk2 controllers do not have a reset function for the gain (encoder) control. You may have to add it by hand to the mapping, using the 'Add IN…' button at the bottom of the assignment list and add the 'gain' function (type: button; reset) to the encoder press element.

• VESICA
    VESICA Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi Sûlherokhh,

yeah, thank you. as I mentioned above, when I switch through the GUI settings, they do not display what they should, the labels are completely mixed up, and even when I enable crossfader, different deck options etc., the pre cue buttons (head phones) will be missing, except in 1 or 2 instances.

I usually like a parallel layout with fx bar on top, expanded decks and all the mixer controls, but without crossfader & cue volume button. However, I would like to see the little headphones, especially when working with laptop only and I'm pretty sure in the past I could.

The default mapping of the MK2 absolutely had a filter/gain push reset. But hey, I just programmed it back in.

In summary, GUI problem not solved, and gain/filter reset work around found.

Thank you for your time.

Best,

Bhavya

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,954 mod

Tried renaming layouts? Not sure there is other solution that reinstalling - never had that issue.

This discussion has been closed.