My Traktor Kontrol S4 mk2 will not connect to my Macbook M1 (11.7.10) - How can i fix this?

Sebi Maj
Sebi Maj Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited October 22 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Recently purchased a Traktor Kontrol s4 mk2 and tried to connect to my computer for the first time, after purchasing and installing Traktor Pro 3. My controller would light up upon powering it up, but the master light kept flashing, nothing else happened. It doesn't come up as a device on my computer and consequently will not connect to the Traktor software.

I have tried multiple trouble shooting methods - most are very very outdated as i cannot install the drivers that they suggest will fix the issue; i.e. those drivers are no longer available via the Native Instruments support website.

Do i have any way to resolve this issue?

Best Answer

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,624 mod
    Answer ✓

Sorry to hear that :( Unfortunately you can't get that to work on newer Macs, the last supported OS for the Mk1 was Mojave. Your only option really is to sell it on and look for a MK2/MK3.

Answers

• Martiniix_NI
    Martiniix_NI Customer Care Posts: 304 mod

Heyo!

have you considered a problem with the cable? If you are using a hub you can try to plug it directly to your computer or maybe change the cable. Also can be helpful to try the device in a different computer.

• Sebi Maj

I have tried a few different cables - i believe the issue is with my computer as the guy who sold it to me showed it working on his computer. Is there any other way i can fix this issue as i dont have another laptop i could use

• mykejb

Did the seller show it working on a Mac, or was it on a PC? Also (and please don't yell at me for asking) are you certain it's a MK2 and not a MK1? I saw a MK1 in a local electronics resale store here that was marked as a MK2 but was clearly the MK1 model.

• mots
    mots Member Posts: 26 Member

Mk2 has transparent Hotcue pads. they are black on the mk1.

Mk2 works without drivers. mk1 is not supported on macos anymore (driver has not been updated for a long while).

it could be the seller had a PC or a very old mac.

• Sebi Maj

He showed me on a PC - so that could be it. Also another comment has pointed out to me that i may have been duped - i think i got a mk1

• Sebi Maj

******, ive been duped - its a mk 1 - hot cues are black. So i should just sell the thing? Is there any way to get it to work?

• mykejb
    Answer ✓

Sorry to hear that :( Unfortunately you can't get that to work on newer Macs, the last supported OS for the Mk1 was Mojave. Your only option really is to sell it on and look for a MK2/MK3.

This discussion has been closed.