S88 Mk3 controller/sustain pedal

ChuckC
ChuckC Member Posts: 7 Member
edited 9:21AM in Komplete Kontrol

I hook up my S88 MK3 to Ableton via my computer USB but was also hoping to connect an external keyboard to the controller for purpose of using S88 Mk3 sustain pedal to work with my external keyboard via midi cable. My Novation keyboard allows this but so far, I only have read where it's either USB or Midi cable out of the S88 Mk3. Can someone help confirm this situation and if any eventual fix from NI? As a controller keyboard, without this ability, it seems limited.

Best Answer

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,163 mod
    edited May 9 Answer ✓

Quote Matthew_NI : right now the MIDI out is available either via DIN or USB, yes. It is possible we could improve the handling in future firmware updates, although simultaneous MIDI over USB and DIN may have timing issues.

(Possible , my interpretation : meaning not out of the question but not promised to happen either)

Other than that then here is the link to the Midi Mode in manual and link to it's mention on the SweetWater site .

• ChuckC

Thanks for your quick reply Matthew - you confirmed what I had read in some other posts. I'm hoping for a firmware update in the future as hopefully just using the midi DIN for my sustain pedal output to another keyboard wouldn't be too worrisome concerning the mentioned timing issues.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,163 mod
    edited May 9

Thank you , but I am not Matthew_NI. I were merely quoting Matthew_NI for you. The other discussion is still open so you could try and go respond to Matthew_NI by using the 'Quote' below one of his posts but I can not guarantee that he will respond to your post .

• ChuckC

Thanks PoorFellow for your advise to me. It was my first post on this community - so I can use the help in navigating the posts.

• ChuckC

As an update to my original post - I've found a successful work-around. I hooked up a USB to Midi box to my laptop, then added "external instrument" to my existing instrument racks and with the U6MIDIpro, I was able to filter the "out" midi data, so that it only passed thru a CC message; meaning I could use my S88 MK3 sustain pedal and then thru the Midi box to my external Hammond SK1 keyboard, it allowed my one sustain pedal to act as it's also on the external keyboard.

This discussion has been closed.