Setting up a dedicated monitoring bus in maschine..?

AxMusic
AxMusic Member Posts: 129 Helper
edited October 22 in Maschine

Hello Everyone

I was browsing some Sonarworks (soundID) articles and saw a page breaking down how to set up their room correction software instead of on the master channel.. on a dedicated monitoring bus.. they have walkthroughs on various DAWS but nothing for maschine..

Does anyone know how to set up this workflow in maschine?

Here is the link to the article I mentioned

https://soundid-reference.support.sonarworks.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019903960-Using-a-dedicated-monitoring-bus-for-the-DAW-plugin#h_01GRTE5SPX57XC8XAFHY3KM58D

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,839 mod

Hello,

it depends, if you just have sonarworks in your master bus, just select "export without master fx", or what it's called like, while exporting. If you also have some master fx then you'll have to create a group and route everything through this group with master fx loaded there. Then you'll have to do the same when exporting described above but you'll have your master bus fx on the exported files.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 678 Guru

Remember to check if sonarwors introduces latency, as Maschine does not have any sort of PDC

• AxMusic

Yes that’s what i thought.. I usually have a compressor on the master of the mix..

I was looking for a way to set it & forget it.. Sometimes one can forget to bypass the plugin when exporting.

Then all the room correction adjustments are embedded with the mix..

I was looking for a way to set up a bus where the effect is present while mixing but won’t be exported with the song.

Thank you for your input

• AxMusic

Thanks, will do!

Sorry for the dumb question.. but what is a PDC?

• Uwe303
    edited March 29

It's an automatic delay compansation, but in this case it doesn't matter cause everything is going through, it would only matter if you do live recording finger drumming, then the delay from pressing a pad to hearing the sound and also all recorded notes to hear them, is too long, or if you use stuff with long delay in parallel. So make a master group, like I said and just export that group will do the job you want.

• AxMusic

Thanks, would you mind breaking down how to actually set this up.. and route everything?

• Uwe303

Pretty simple, you create one group and name it master, you go to the first pad and insert your master fx there. You now have to route every other group to that pad. I'm not at my pc right now but if you need some pictures of the group audio settings I can make that if I'm back but you should find it. Now when exporting your song you select just that master group as output, without master fx appliied.

• AxMusic

Thanks!

I’ll give this workflow a shot

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,262 mod
    edited April 2

I dont think making a MasterGroup will help, you will still have to remember to turn it off just like if it is on the normal Master, Maschine has no option to disable master FX when exporting... Unless you export just the Groups specifically. Also, by using a dummy Master Group you lose things like the ability to use "Solo/Mute".

As for a dedicated monitor bus as Sonar suggests Maschine does have a "CUE" output but there's no way to load a plugin into that specific BUS.

Since you're on Mac one option is to use app with virtual Audio that allows loading plugins to your whole system - personally, that's how I would use any room correction tool, as you want to hear music thru the FX too otherwise you listen to music/references without correction than make music with correction, it doesn't make much sense to me... Listening to everything corrected trains your ears.

Sound source from Rougue Ameba does this afaik, try a demo: https://rogueamoeba.com/soundsource/

This discussion has been closed.