I want to install NativeAccess on my local account.

Yukie
Yukie Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited 10:52AM in Native Access

I installed it on my local account, and run as an administrator ( I know the admin password) but it didn't run, because it couldn't access to some files of addmin account.

What can I do?

Best Answer

• Yukie
    Answer ✓

wow

Sorry for confusing with my poor English.

I share my computer with my family and she uses admin account, so I made a local account for myself. I installed Native Access using my account and run "as administrator". And Native Access gave me an error that it can't access to some folder like.... myfamily'susername/Appdata/Roaming or something like that. ( I forgot the exact folder name, but it was under the admin user's folder)

Anyway, I just wanted to use a local account on my computer, but I just deleted other family accounts and make my account "admin" and it solved problem. But it is not convenient if I always need to be admin, even if I "run as administrator".

Thank you for answering my question though. thanks

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,159 mod

If you are not tech savvy enough yourself then you will most likely need someone to help you understand the basic setup of the Native Access software and the use of your computer and Windows !

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,627 Expert

Hmmmm, from what was said about the admin password, I'm not sure it IS their computer!

• PoorFellow

You could be right, but even if then we probably should not start questioning users over things that could have more legitimate reasons. Also , check location info on user profile ! There could be a very serious language barrier here !

• Yukie
    Answer ✓

wow

Sorry for confusing with my poor English.

I share my computer with my family and she uses admin account, so I made a local account for myself. I installed Native Access using my account and run "as administrator". And Native Access gave me an error that it can't access to some folder like.... myfamily'susername/Appdata/Roaming or something like that. ( I forgot the exact folder name, but it was under the admin user's folder)

Anyway, I just wanted to use a local account on my computer, but I just deleted other family accounts and make my account "admin" and it solved problem. But it is not convenient if I always need to be admin, even if I "run as administrator".

Thank you for answering my question though. thanks

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,627 Expert

Usually installation programs offer a choice between installing just for you, or for everyone. I can't recall if Native Instruments do that, as it's been a while since I installed anything.

• PoorFellow

Quote : "But it is not convenient if I always need to be admin, even if I "run as administrator". "

Yes ,it can be a 'pain' to have to run stuff as an Administrator but alas that is how it is.

Also , especially with respect to software like the N.I: software that uses DRM protection then you should expect the running and maybe even using as an Administrator is a requirement. Especially true when wanting to install something !

Problem is also that even after installation then in 'daily life' you should expect there to be upgrades of things needed which might require you to be logged in as an Admin for things to install properly !

You of course could make a guest account on the PC and log into that as a standard user and use that to surf the net or whatever for increased protection if that is the issue !

Kind regards 🙂

This discussion has been closed.