Maschine MK3 transport controls in Logic

smithers281
smithers281 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited October 22 in Maschine

Hi. I'm having difficulty getting transport controls to work in Maschine/logic. When I load logic I get the message to allow automatic Maschine integration/set up. The transport controls work when I create a new project. As soon as I open Maschine software it stops and when I load a library they transport buttons trigger sounds. I have an s49 mk3 and s88 mk2 - the transport controls seem to stay working on these. Im running Sonama 14.3.1 M2 Max, all software is up to date in Native Access. Does anyone know why the transport buttons would stop working when I load the software?

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,262 mod

Does anyone know why the transport buttons would stop working when I load the software?

Generally, it's because you didn't activate Host Transport Control in Controller Edit, this is what tells Maschine not to send transport data to the SW but instead to the DAW.

Enable it and report back.

• Maxray
    Maxray Member Posts: 41 Member
    edited February 27

You have to switch back and forth from Plugin Mode to Midi Mode using the [shift] + [Instance] buttons, simultaneously. It's the same in Ableton! The only DAW I've seen so far that automatically changes it is Cubase.

If you leave Logic running in loop mode, you can still record in the Maschine software as usual, but you have to switch modes when you want perform in Host/Midi Mode to control Logic.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,262 mod
    edited February 27

If host transport is enabled it doesn't matter, the controller will always send MIDI thru the transport rather than controlling Maschine-Plug.

How the DAW handles that MIDI is another story tho.

This discussion has been closed.