S3 Tempo-Fader broke

media770
media770 Member Posts: 7 Member

Hello guys! Just now I realized that the temp fader of my Kontrol S3 has broken. I'm still playing my set in SYNC mode. However, I need to repair the fader. I just looked up where to get the spare parts, but somehow I only found the line fader on eBay. According to the description, this does not replace the tempo fader. Where can I please get the original parts? Thank you.

Tagged:

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,622 mod

I'd try putting in a support ticket. I replaced the faders on my S8 a while back and got them direct from NI, so I'd expect them to have spares for the tempo faders.

What exactly is the problem with the fader? Is it not working at all or is it skipping when you move it?

• media770

Thank you for the quick response! So, in the lower position of the fader, the controller sends some sort of interference signals to the software. This leads to the "trembling" of the electronic fader and thus to instability of the track speed. When I pull the fader all the way up, the problem ceases to exist. I feel like the lower part of the fader is dirty or broken.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,882 Expert

Might also get better response in the Traktor forum, not the KK forum.

• media770

new here in the community. could you provide the URL of the forum. Thanks

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,882 Expert

Just search/nav there, its here somewhere. I'm far to lazy to do the leg work.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,622 mod

I've moved this over to the Traktor forum, sorry I didn't notice it was in the wrong forum initially!

• FlymoSale
    FlymoSale Member Posts: 2 Member

Hey man, you get an answer to this? I have exactly the same problem. Ty

• media770

Hi there! I opened a ticket directly over the Native Instrument support page. The next day I got the response by the support with a post sticker to send it back. Now waiting to get controller back repaired.

• media770

UPDATE!

I’ve got my controller back again. The fader has been repaired or renewed. It works as new now. The whole thing took me 7 days. The most time it spend on transportation.

At this point I want to thank Native Instruments for quick resolving of my problem.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,539 mod

Repair service seems to work. Great news! :)

This discussion has been closed.