Arranger improvements

Comments

• Eric Rabb
    Eric Rabb Member Posts: 41 Member

While experimenting with a genre called, “SuperTrap” I discovered that the “Pencil” can’t make / draw diagonal lines. SuperTrap has a lot of interesting diagonal hi hat patterns. Super time consuming to paint each block in a diagonal edit in a grid especially in higher resolutions like at 1/64th notes. I just need the pencil ✏️ 🖊️ tool to be able to click and draw in one move / motion, in a diagonal line.

• donmaddonald
    donmaddonald Member Posts: 133 Helper

for me the arranger mode is like, I know there is something that needs to be improved, but I can't really pinpoint what exactly.

maybe be able to work in a Timeline like in a DAW (editing tools etc..) I don't know, but I guarantee it needs improvement as I never arrange in maschine because it is just uncomfortable for me.

I love all the other aspect of the work flow but the arranger doesn't do it for me. (but I found my workarounds).

• EFTHIMIS
    EFTHIMIS Member Posts: 13 Member

IDEAS

ARRANGER

PERFORM (Please)

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 424 Pro

Might be a good time for Kai to offer some feedback on which ideas are thought to be in the realms of feasibility.........................

• Ju.de
    Ju.de Member Posts: 20 Member

for me will be:

-to have a additional view for looping mode, to be able to have a group of loop like with logicproX, with automatique time stressing and tune

-eto be able to have a ''group of pattern/clip'' in same same group of a instrument so that they are not stacking on the top of each other as in the case for clip on the top of a pattern.

-to be able to record directly on arranger view WITH A GROUP without need to create a clip, with a instrument like guitar base, piano it's absolutely need it

-to be able to have inside of box of a pattern: a wave for audio , a midi note for mine; loop

-to have possibilities to have different tempo for a SCENE different of the main tempo, or a section where the tempo can be different, could bee easy with SCENE to have that.

-to be able to have a icon instruments for GROUP/SOUND

-to be able to layering in same group without need to create a other group, so have a group in arranger view for layering audio, instrument, vocals, midi etc

• Cristianruiz1
    Cristianruiz1 Member Posts: 52 Member
    • Tempo track
    • Time Signature track

• Trancer_Spacey
    Trancer_Spacey Member Posts: 3 Member

I would absolutely love to see a quite simple thing: the abillity to record pattern changes, also mutes and solos.

I like to jam with pattern changes, but unfortunately you can't record/automate these swappings. Of course you could put every pattern in a seperate scene, which you can trigger via midi. But it is circumstancial and so it is not the same.

I often don't use Machine for building complete blocks of a song, I use it as a drum machine with just one group that contains a drumkit. So when you could record pattern changes and instrument mutes of this drumkit, this would be so helpful to build lively drum-tracks on the fly. I do wisg this since years and I wonder why this is not implemented till now.

The workaround for me is to record my jaming, but this is circumstancial too, and you could not change FX settings later. Also it brings a lot of data to the harddisk.

So please let me record the selection of the playing pattern, mutes and solos on the fly in anown automation track! :-)

• BDunlop165
    BDunlop165 Member Posts: 1 Member

It could be that I don't fully understand how to do this with the features already in Maschine, but I would like to be able to have a simple free form audio record mode with the ability to punch in and out over the arrangement. Workflow would be something really obvious like:

1. Go to the arrangement window
    2. Then in the swimlane, choose Punch In
    3. Any time you are record enabled after that on the track then maschine would punch in / out so that someone working on top line ideas can quickly iterate through concepts and fix blemishes,etc.

Really just want to be able to record external audio in a more linear way so as not to lose momentum as the track is coming together.

and as I said before .. maybe I just don't understand the existing way of doing this, but I have tried this a few different ways ... it always seems like the vibe and flow gets disrupted as soon as I try to get a topline idea going.

Thanks for making a great product and looking to make it even better for us.

• Bronxio
    Bronxio Member Posts: 16 Member

Time marks above (not only bar marks), so we can know how long is our arrangement working with the software in standalone mode. Classic in DAWs.

• Chris Shelving
    Chris Shelving Member Posts: 34 Helper

Tienes que hacer mas videos Bronxio... se te echa de menos. un abrazo. ;)

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,255 mod

Im not really keeping up with this thread but just to help out:

Right-click the Bars and it switches to time:

• Bronxio
    Bronxio Member Posts: 16 Member

Thanks, D-One (I really thought the product team expected no one needs that info). However, it would be cool if the Maschine software allows to have a strip with time code, like Cakewalk does, for example.

• Hit-Man
    Hit-Man Member Posts: 25 Helper

Yep... I have the EMU PX7 and the MP7 fully loaded with expansion ROMs.

• KJandKT
    KJandKT Member Posts: 10 Member
    I like a lot of these ideas. How about an app that would interact with Maschine plus to control a lot of these things and give some touchscreen capabilities - so we could basically have the pluses of the MPC series (being able to touch and drag/expand notes in the piano roll, easily touch and order scenes, etc. Have a playable keyboard on the app...

I'm not saying to make an app only - I think putting the changes in the Maschine + so it can remain 100% standalone is important, but adding a touchscreen to it could be cool. You could have a simple screen extension as well as being able to control things.
  • KJandKT
    KJandKT Member Posts: 10 Member
    I just had an idea...what if there was a new Jam that was made to work besides Maschine + that was touchscreen + had to touch faders and such to easily control volume, panning, effects, etc. of multiple channels at once. This would be amazing and would breathe a lot of new life into Maschine +. You could also have it work in a controller mode to be a DAW controller for mixing (like Control 1 or SSL's 8 channel strip). The touch screen in conjunction with physical faders/touch faders would be amazing (at least I think :smile: )
This discussion has been closed.