Traktor 3.9 is -almost- "crashing" (no sound, blurry waveforms)

Comments

• OliverGross
    OliverGross Member Posts: 60 Helper

Hey,

do you have „Loading only into stopped deck“ enabled?

Since I have disabled it, I didn‘t experience a crash anymore.

I have a MacBook Pro with M2 and Ventura, using Traktor Pro 3.10.0, now 3.10.1

Maybe it helps you too.

• DJDL
    DJDL Member Posts: 77 Helper

Will update and try that. Thanks!

• SpirosG
    SpirosG Member Posts: 18 Member

Loading only into stopped deck is an option I've had enabled too.

I'll disable it to see what the outcome will be.

• Luis Lane
    Luis Lane Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

You cannot roll back to a earlier Version. THIS IS ******!!! SORRY I better look for another Solution like Recordbox or Serato...I'm so angry about this ******!

• TwoFour
    TwoFour Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

I had this problem last night. Track waveform suddenly goes blurred and no sound after turning the loop and move buttons back and forth. After that, I was not able to use the deck (can't load any other tracks) so had to restart Traktor Pro 3.11. I use Macbook Pro M1 running Ventura.

@SpirosG Did disabling 'Loading only into stopped deck' option helped? the problem is i do want this option enabled.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,540 mod

If you use a controller, it's possible to re-map the load button with the condition 'deck play = off'. This works all the time, irrespective of the setting in preferences.

• OliverGross

Hey,

yes disabling ‚Loading only into stopped Deck‘ is definitely helping.

I‘m on a MacBook Pro M2 and Ventura. Since I disabled this months ago I never experienced such a crash anymore. And I‘m playing every weekend about 6 Hours in a row.

I can really really recommend to disable this Option while this Bug isn‘t solved.

• DJDL
    edited January 10

I have not had any crashes either since disabling "Load Only Into Stopped Deck". Before doing so, I had plenty. So definitely seems to be helping. I also need this enabled, but small price to pay for peace of mind. Was really hoping 3.11 solved this, but so far, it does not even seem to be acknowledged. Come on NI guys, give us a little "we're looking into it" courtesy!

• red_nick
    red_nick Member Posts: 156 Advisor

If you haven't submitted a bug report, you should. Very strange that setting can stop it happening, should help them narrow down the cause.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,540 mod

Are you using a (MIDI)-controller in your setup? Or do you load using the mouse?

• OliverGross

Hi,

This happens in my case with loading with a Controller and also with trackpad.

It happens while loading a track in a stopped deck.

I have posted it in the bugs section, hope it could help the developers. There they will see it for sure.

• DJDL

In my case, it always happened while using the S4MK3. Happened while previewing a track in the browser, while deleting a history playlist, while loading a track, etc. Very random.

After someone's advice here in the forum, I disabled the "Load only to stopped deck" and it worked, but I must also say that at the same time I stopped using the S4 and went with an X1 and a third party mixer with soundcard. That may be only coincidence, but no crashes so far with that setup. I will dig out my S4 soon and give it a try to see if there's anything else to add to this.

• gmcro
    gmcro Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hello people! I'm new here, but not that new into djing. I've just bought a S2 Mk3 controller (my first dj console) and I had this crash & blurry waveform problem about 3 times in 10 days (played home no more than 2 or 3 hours sets). I'm a bit worried since in nthe next weekend I have a gig on a local festival. Hope disabling that option will help. I'm using a Thinkpad T480s laptop with i5 8-th gen processor and Intel grpahics card. Yestersday I've updated Traktor to latest version and also reinstalled it.

• TwoFour
    TwoFour Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Surprisingly, disabling '"Load only to stopped deck" seems to have helped? I've not experienced the issue for the past few days now.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,395 Expert

This is so bizarre.