Why are some synth manuals online only?

creegstor
creegstor Member Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2022 in Komplete General

Why are all manuals not available offline through the plugin interface? They all used to be. Now only some are. The Battery one is there but the Absynth one is not and wants you to go to an online manual!

How does this make any sense? Is there a way around it?

I've already tried putting a pdf in the root docs folder for Absynth and nothing!

Best Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    Answer ✓

All manuals are going to be online only eventually. It's done this way because documentation can then be updated in-between releases, rather than waiting on a particular release (or delaying a release due to documentation not being done in time).

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 231 Advisor
    Answer ✓

I realIy much prefer offline manuals as well and preferably through the plugin interface. ( if anyone knows of a way to get them to show up that'd be great) I hope we are still able to get the pdfs to download if we want them in the future. Meanwhile Ive had to go and download ones that aren't installed and thats quite a lot being its for K13 UCE.

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    Answer ✓

All manuals are going to be online only eventually. It's done this way because documentation can then be updated in-between releases, rather than waiting on a particular release (or delaying a release due to documentation not being done in time).

• creegstor

Thanks for the response. I understand what you outlined but that is no reason to not still have offline availability of last downloaded pdf through plugin interface. NI really seem intent on ignoring their users' needs. The online only path they are on is a dealbreaker for me and clearly on the road to subscription model. Guess I better start looking for NI replacements now. Oy.

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

@creegstor wrote:

The online only path they are on is a dealbreaker for me

After downloading the pdf you can read them offline on your computer.

• creegstor

Thanks but I said "offline availability of last downloaded pdf through the plugin interface." <<< Key part bolded lol!

• Jojo123
    Answer ✓

I realIy much prefer offline manuals as well and preferably through the plugin interface. ( if anyone knows of a way to get them to show up that'd be great) I hope we are still able to get the pdfs to download if we want them in the future. Meanwhile Ive had to go and download ones that aren't installed and thats quite a lot being its for K13 UCE.

• creegstor

Right? I'm on K13 U and was shocked how many manuals were just missing and the presumption that you are online or want to be online with your music workstation. I think we are seeing the beginning of NI turning into Splice sadly.

• Jojo123

Right @creegstor.

NOt sure what Splice is but yes, re a lot of manuals to get. Im still not sure Ive got them all and I need to go thru everything to find out. It bugs me too and I DONT want to be forced online when Im in my DAW and it wont work properly because Im offline. Thats a dealbreaker big time for me. Apple did a similar thing with Logic a few versions back. I tried to find the pdfs online and couldn't. Now thankfully they made them accessible and I have all the Logic pdfs. It still doesn't come anywhere near having it in Logic itself where it was context menu based, but better than going online. What infuriated me was there was no telling what would be online content and nor was there a pattern to it.