Audio 6 mk2 no sound to monitors from line in but works on headphones

payomusic
payomusic Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Hello,

I just got my new Audio 6 mk2 and when I play sounds from the computer it works out of my monitors. When I put signal in the line 1 and 2 either instrument or line setting no sound comes from monitors. When I put my headphones I hear everything the line in and what the computer plays. I'm stuck. Updated drivers and everything. Any help will be much appreciated.

Best Answer

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,622 mod
    Answer ✓

Pretty sure that's as intended. Direct monitoring is only to headphones. To send the input to the output you need to be using software like a DAW or Guitar Rig.

-- Mike

Answers

• mykejb
    Answer ✓

Pretty sure that's as intended. Direct monitoring is only to headphones. To send the input to the output you need to be using software like a DAW or Guitar Rig.

-- Mike

• payomusic

Thank you Mike. I gave it a try and it worked. Just opened Garage band and added a line. My main question, how can I get the same result without opening a DAW. I had the previous model audio 6, the silver one, I had the same set up with my ps5 and was able to do it without a DAW being opened. My other idea is to use a COAX digital - optical converter and see if that input is by default going to my monitors. Am I missing something somewhere? I think Audio 6 MK2 should have a stand alone software like the S-series controllers. I'm using a mac using Sonoma 14.2.1, I upgraded because thought that would fix it. Any input would greatly be appreciated. Thank you all!

• payomusic

My current set up.

• mykejb

Quickest and cheapest way is to use Guitar Rig without any modules loaded. That just sends its input to its output, although it still needs the GR software to be loaded on your Mac. I can't think of another way to do it, and I don't have a KA6 to try it with unfortunately.

-- Mike

This discussion has been closed.